• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet day!!

slob1231

Warren Scout
So today is vet day for Coco! I think he knows because he's been a big pain in my butt this morning [emoji23] despite being more cuddly than usual, he's trying his hardest to get down the side of my arm chair, I've blocked off all obvious entries but this boy isn't giving up. The only reason I'm not letting him behind is because there are wires, it makes me laugh because i change the tone of my voice if he's being naughty and call his name, he then just starts running circles around my head and rubs his side against my face so sweeten me up [emoji85] little daredevil [emoji195][emoji195]

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

I was a good boy today in the pet carrier, I'm in a bit of a hump with my hooman for putting me in there! The vet had a feel, which I didn't like but i'm definetly a boy!! [emoji170][emoji195] My hooman mummy isn't very happy as we paid before my appointment & for them to tell us they don't do the injection she requested! So now hooman mummy has to find another vet that does! [emoji235][emoji235] I'm now resting in my cage for a bit, i can get neuterd at 6 months.
918a4e505f51ad864262b46ffbb8f94b.jpg

I was a good boy today in the pet carrier, I'm in a bit of a hump with my hooman for putting me in there! The vet had a feel, which I didn't like but i'm definetly a boy!! [emoji170][emoji195] My hooman mummy isn't very happy as we paid before my appointment & for them to tell us they don't do the injection she requested! So now hooman mummy has to find another vet that does! [emoji235][emoji235] I'm now resting in my cage for a bit, i can get neuterd at 6 months.
918a4e505f51ad864262b46ffbb8f94b.jpg

You paid before? For an injection they don't have? That's madness! I've never paid before either... What injection was it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Is your vet a rabbit savvy vet? You can look on the rwaf website to find the closet one to you and coco

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Is your vet a rabbit savvy vet? You can look on the rwaf website to find thr closet one to you and coco

You paid before? For an injection they don't have? That's madness! I've never paid before either... What injection was it?

They actually didn't tell me whether they had that injection or not. But we paid on arrival i told the guy what injection i wanted him to have and he said okay, went out the room came back in and said oh we don't do that one...
2f99cf887b4cf141973bafccda9bb35b.jpg

Is your vet a rabbit savvy vet? You can look on the rwaf website to find the closet one to you and coco

I'm not sure i went with PDSA. Now I'm going to find him a vet that will actually give him that injection [emoji21]

I think you defo need a new vet.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/rabbit-friendly-vets/rabbit-friendly-vet-list/

Have a look where is near you xx

This! I would also ask for a refund, if they didn’t give you your money back. I would see if you can find a vet who can give him the Rhd2 injection. See info here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?472636-Vaccinations-2018
RHD2 and myxomatosis are rife at the moment :cry:

Thanks ... None near me it seems!!

You could start a new thread entitled ‘rabbit savvy vet required near (your town)’ and hopefully someone on here can recommend one.

I'm sorry that this has been such an ordeal and poor Coco is in the middle. Yes, he will pick up on hooman anxieties as do many animals and pets. Their 6th sense is very much more attuned than most hoomans. Hope he settles back home quickly. A few treats should do it.

I've just phoned a rabbit savvy vet in my area and had a little chat, they said if they register me they would take me off the pdsa register i told her that i would rather someone who knows what they are doing, what they are talking about etc.

I've just phoned a rabbit savvy vet in my area and had a little chat, they said if they register me they would take me off the pdsa register i told her that i would rather someone who knows what they are doing, what they are talking about etc.

Yayayay best decision ever

Is it normal for them to be sad and dramatic after injections? I say this because he won't come out of his cage, and my husband tried to talk to him etc and he kept dramatically dropping to the floor as if he's playing dead! He's moved all his straw around so looks like he has nothing in there. Will clean it out once he moves his bum
6622b3510d4d6692b9d5a9a562f1b839.jpg

Is it normal for them to be sad and dramatic after injections? I say this because he won't come out of his cage, and my husband tried to talk to him etc and he kept dramatically dropping to the floor as if he's playing dead! He's moved all his straw around so looks like he has nothing in there. Will clean it out once he moves his bum
6622b3510d4d6692b9d5a9a562f1b839.jpg

Looks like he is flopping, which is normally a positive and content sign :)

Looks like he is flopping, which is normally a positive and content sign :)

Really? I got it admit i did laugh, he did it 3 times in a row and i thought it was a bit dramatic. He won't come out of his cage, so I'm just going to leave him too it bless him

Back