• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting, happy update!

k1984

Mama Doe
Well this year has been really testing to be honest. I've been through such an emotional rollercoaster as a rabbit owner, it's been very tough. Two bouts of flystrike (thankfully both bunnies fully recovering) and then losing my beautiful house rabbit Snowy 3 weeks ago at the age of 10 years was absolutely heartbreaking.

Yesterday my husband and I travelled to a different Pets at Home store as our dogs usual groomer had moved stores (and he is so fantastic we were happy to travel to where he had moved to). When walking into the store, the 'Adoption' area was in the middle of the store, so we had to walk past it to get to the groomers. Now when I go into a Pets at Home store I make a conscious effort in not looking at the animals as I'm very soppy and could easily take them all home :lol: ...which is not a good thing! :lol: However, walking past, a little fluffy white bottom and two teeny-tiny white ears caught my eye....it was surreal....

Just over 10 years ago I was in a Pets at Home store buying hamster food when a little white fluffy bottom and two teeny-tiny white ears caught my eye. A beautiful, tiny little blue-eyed white netherland dwarf was sitting on his own in the one of the 'adoption' pens. I went over to him and knelt down, where he came hopping right over to me and stood up on his back two legs to look at me. I immediately fell in love :love:
I enquired about him and he had been handed in at 12 weeks as he was 'fighting with other rabbits' and 'aggressive'. It was an easy decision....he came home with me and for over 10 years lived with me as a house rabbit. My niece named him 'Snowy'. :love: :love: :love:

So...back to yesterday. I had that heart-stopping moment as a little white fluffy bottom and two teeny-tiny ears just caught my eye immediately. I took my dog into the groomers and then went straight over to where this little bunny was. A little white netherland dwarf bunny with red eyes. I knelt down and she came hopping over to me, stood up on her back two legs to look at me. I got emotional and my husband agreed that the likeness to Snowy was uncanny...obviously other than the red eyes rather than his blue. I got a bit emotional and my husband distracted me by leading me away to look at cat toys :lol:

We left the store and returned to enquire about her. She was roughly 2-3 years old and have been handed in as she was 'aggressive and didn't get on with other rabbits'...therefore has to be housed alone. She wasn't spayed (which was probably why she was having the problems she was deemed to be having!). My husband filled in the paperwork and paid the adoption fee....and she came home with us yesterday. Her name is Buttons...and she is the most laid back, chilled out little girl ever. Interestingly, she was handed in for rehoming 3 weeks ago....3 weeks ago was when we lost Snowy. Call me weird but I can't help but feel it was all meant to be :love: :love: :love:

Meet Buttons :love: :love: :love:
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr
Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

The beautiful white plant that we planted on Snowy's grave has opened up with the most stunning, large white flowers too :love:

What a beautiful story. Buttons is lovely. I love love love white rabbits. I have two, a blue eyed white helicopter earred called Daisy who lives out in a shed with her sister and their two boyfriends and my little sweet house rabbit, Moondust who lives in the pet room (used to be the dining room) with her beloved boyfriend, Loganberry (dutch rabbit).

This is one of those stories that just brings tears to your eyes. Here we welcome a beautiful gorgeous bunny in Buttons. I am sure Snowy was looking over you with all this and making sure he guided you towards Buttons. I also love the touch of the white plant that has blossomed on Snowy's grave - that is a special touch.
I am looking forward to following the adventures of Buttons - who is going to be a very special bun.

Back