• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Bun's Current Favourite Hay?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I'm wondering which hay your buns are digging the most at the moment? (no pun intended ;) )

I haven't bought new hay since April because my bunnies have mainly been ignoring it and eating grass instead, but now that it's getting cold they're picking at it again and I will need to get more soon.

The last hay I bought for them was the Ings Meadow Hay, but I'm thinking to switch it up as they don't seem so fussed about it anymore.

I'd love to know which hay everyone on here thinks is best :)

No contest and I bet it will be the most popular named here - Timothy Hay co stalky :love:

Mine are hooked on the Timothyhay.co.uk stuff

They will eat the super stalky version but seem to prefer the softer version best :)

Also loving the natures own ‘5 a day’ hay from the range (but only because they love foraging for the dandelions and other bits hidden inside it) :lol:

timothy hay co stalky here too (they have oat & less stalky which they love but less so). They also like Natures own green hay - not as much, but it still goes down pretty well. Hay scoffing has gone up hugely here & mine are inside

I can feel another timothy hay co addict joining the clan

Frosty’s favourites include sweet green hay and five a day hay from nature’s own, burns green oat hay, nature’s touch wild hay and oxbow orchard grass. He likes alfalfa king Timothy hay too, but he loves the others equally I would say.

Frosty’s favourites include sweet green hay and five a day hay from nature’s own, burns green oat hay, nature’s touch wild hay and oxbow orchard grass. He likes alfalfa king Timothy hay too, but he loves the others equally I would say.

Crikey Zoobec that’s some serious variety lol :thumb:

P@H timothy hay, but I only bought it because I thought they'd gone off the baled stuff I usually get! They haven't, they're just not eating as much as they did last summer! XD

My boys love anything floral or has sticks and hard stuff in so we mix a really cheap stalky one with a bag from BnM which is a mix of Timothy and Marigolds? They absolutely love eating dried flowers, and marigolds and chamomile are their faves! Calloway ADORES having a stick to eat, so if it's got tough stalky bits, he's all over it!

My buns loved the Timothy hay however my hay fever didn't lol.....

So they get burns oat hay once a day and constant our pastures meadow hay. They also love it when they find an exciting stuck in there. There's lots of chasing and tugging it from each others mouths.

They also get pure pastures with rose petals and plantain, but I think they just like hunting out the herbs. :)

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Frosty received samples of the soft and the stalky Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk and he likes them both :thumb: he has a preference for the stalky one :thumb:

Back