• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus is sneezing

Graciee

Staff member
Is it ever okay for a rabbit to be sneezing?

He just sneezed 10 times in succession, and was wiping his nose with his front paws, then he's still sneezing a little bit now... But less - before I haven't heard him sneeze today, and I've been around him all day etc and he never really sneezes tbh.

There's no discharge that I can see and nothing stuck up his nose (that I can see)

So I guess I'm wondering if it's okay for this to have happened? I mean if it continues obviously I'll be down the vet.. Just didn't know if isolated sneezing was nothing to worry about?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He just sneezed 10 times in succession, and was wiping his nose with his front paws, then he's still sneezing a little bit now... But less - before I haven't heard him sneeze today, and I've been around him all day etc and he never really sneezes tbh.

There's no discharge that I can see and nothing stuck up his nose (that I can see)

So I guess I'm wondering if it's okay for this to have happened? I mean if it continues obviously I'll be down the vet.. Just didn't know if isolated sneezing was nothing to worry about?

A one off fit of sneezing is seldom anything to worry about. It is usually the result of the Bunny getting an irritant up their nose. I'd just check the inner sides of his front paws. If the fur is all sticky this might indicate that he has had previous sneezing episodes and has been wiping his nose a lot x

A one off fit of sneezing is seldom anything to worry about. It is usually the result of the Bunny getting an irritant up their nose. I'd just check the inner sides of his front paws. If the fur is all sticky this might indicate that he has had previous sneezing episodes and has been wiping his nose a lot x

Yea I looked, paws are clean, ima keep a close eye on him, but thanks that's put my mind at rest :) x

One of mine has been having sneezing fits, and hopefully it's a one off for Atticus. The last time this rabbit of mine had sneezing fits the vet suggested that if it happened again she would put rabbit on her 'protocol'. When it happened again recently we followed the advice and it cleared up within a few hours.

Depends on what's causing it, but hopefully it's not serious :)

One of mine has been having sneezing fits, and hopefully it's a one off for Atticus. The last time this rabbit of mine had sneezing fits the vet suggested that if it happened again she would put rabbit on her 'protocol'. When it happened again recently we followed the advice and it cleared up within a few hours.

Depends on what's causing it, but hopefully it's not serious :)
Yeaa he's still sneezing a little :( not as violently as when I posted but small sneezes every so often.

I'm wondering if it's the weather, we have all back doors open, but it's so so windy, stuffs getting blown about, maybe something is irritating him. He hasn't gone outside himself though.

Yeaa he's still sneezing a little :( not as violently as when I posted but small sneezes every so often.

I'm wondering if it's the weather, we have all back doors open, but it's so so windy, stuffs getting blown about, maybe something is irritating him. He hasn't gone outside himself though.

My rabbit was finding eating difficult, and none of the others had the problem with the sneezes. Little 'paroxysms' of sneezing over a period of hours ... See how it goes :)

My rabbit was finding eating difficult, and none of the others had the problem with the sneezes. Little 'paroxysms' of sneezing over a period of hours ... See how it goes :)
Yea will do thanks

Is it the hay Gracie? Sometimes they can be a bit dusty. One of my timothy hay is quite dusty I think it's the fresh soft cut from this year. Makes me sneeze!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Is it the hay Gracie? Sometimes they can be a bit dusty. One of my timothy hay is quite dusty I think it's the fresh soft cut from this year. Makes me sneeze!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Idk actually I had just given fresh hay so maybe, was new stalky hay from them. Maybe that's it :)

Back