• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh no

jewels26301

Young Bun
The person having Fluffy's babies can no longer have them :cry:

So i have 4 7week old bunnies who need fantastic homes....

Please can anyone help? They are getting too big for their hutch, and Fluffy is living in the spare until she recovers..

They are ready now, for people in around Herts...

Please email me if you can help

Thanks, a very sad Julie

Oooh Id love to help - but I can’t have another bunny at the moment. I do intend on getting a few more rabbits once I have the space, and if Toby will let me of course he tends to get jealous lol. I really hope you find good homes for them.

What a shame you didn't post this a week ago, but then I wasn't really after a baby.
Good luck in finding homes.

:cry:

No other ideas?

I have no idea what i am going to do now, can not believe how badly i was let down....

I've tried everything, i could just put them in the paper, but i wanted more then that for them..... :cry:

Oh gosh.....Thanks guys anyway

These babies are going to be re homed by the Blue Cross who promise me they home check everybody.. :cry:

In floods of tears, can not believe its come to this..

Please don't flame me though, i am trying to do whats best :cry:

Avery very sad Julie

Oh Julie, at least you know they will go to good homes, The Blue cross do do home checks, I spoke to them before I got Blueberry.
I had just been thinking if I had an outdoor hutch I might've taken two, but I haven't so this way you'll know they are all safe.
When are they going?

Julie don't worry too much, you did all you could :)
The Blue Cross are great and check homes like Beck said, so you know they'll be going to nice people.
Don't be sad cos you tried for them and that is a lovely thing to do :D
Just a thought, have you tried putting them on the Rabbits in Need section? I had a quick look there but couldn't see them. You never know somebody might be able to help....
x

Arghhhhh

This is getting worse, they will take them on Tuesday...but i can't get them there :cry:

They will take them at 11am, but my partner don't finish work till 2.oopm....

Is there anyone who could foster them in your area until you can find them the kind of home that you want for them :?: Even if they are split into 2 pairs between 2 fosterers :?:

Im in Hertfordshire and would possibly have 2 but I do not have any hutches free both of mine are occupied until my bunny shed is finished - what a pain!!!!! :cry:

The Blue Cross are brill - but I am biased as I work for them! Every home gets a home check and everything about bunnies is explained. Also good after care, can ring up at any time if any problems so try not to worry as they will get the best care. Are you taking them to Hertfordshire branch?

Nicola

Going in to a rescue centre is a good way to have them rehomed as they get lots of visitors to see them and the rescue does homechecks to ensure they are placed in good homes. With fosters it relies on advertising them and someone seeing the ad.

Is their someone who could help you out with transport?

I'm about 40 mins from you and do have a spare hutch/run but it would have to be temporary and only as a last resort.

Claire when do you think your shed would be finished?

What sex/breed are they?

Tam

Nicola,
Yes they are going to the Hertfordshire branch, Kimpton Bottom it is...

My partner is trying to get Tuesday off work, so we can both take them...if his boss says no then i've no idea...

Hearing and reading about the Blue Cross i am happy for these babies to go there.

I've no idea on the sex's, i've tried from the photo's on here but it all looks the same to my untrained eye...

As for their breed they are Lionhead/Dutch cross....

I would put a photo of all four up, but my pictures are huge and i'm thick :oops:

If anyone would mind putting a photo up for me? then you's can see them....

One of them is my avator photo...

2 are Brown and White, 2 are Black and White....
2 have Lionhead Hair and 2 have Dutch hair :p

They are gorgeous babies, and this is killing me, but i would only keep these babies if i knew they were gettting their jabs, operations etc...

And my finacial life, says NO.....

Thanks for your messages they mean a lot to me

hi,
i could tyr to sex them for u if u could take some good phots of them and maybe email them to me.
when they go the the blue cross make sure u take some food that they were feed on, enough to last them a week of so, so they can mix there food in it cause the last thing u want is to get them stress, especially at this age, but u might of already known this.
becky

Mmmm, not sure when it will be ready. Its only at the frame stage so I would say upto a month :? . It can only be done evenings and weekends!!!

Here is a photo of the bunnies, Julie can tell you who is who.
The pic is a bit small but there is something wrong with my computer and I cant get into photo bucket. Will try to get it sorted!

jewels.jpg

Thank you to all of you who tried to help....Esp Beck....

My babies have found a new place to go, they are going tomorrow to a small animal resue near me.....

My heart is feeling heavy, god knows how i'll be tomorrow......They go mad when they hear my keys in the door knowing i'll feed them :cry:

I have learnt a very dear lesson, yes this was an accidental litter.....and mum and dad both were recently spayed...

I have stacks of photo's, and lovely memories...

Thanks again, for all your help...

Julie :cry:

Back