• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Henry Higgins has gone.

Dorothy

Alpha Buck
Henry had to go back into hospital this morning as his gut impaction was not responding to treatment. He has been on all the right meds and hay veg and pineapple juice this week but to no avail.
I have just been down to see him and it was obvious he was not responding at all. He has been on a drip all day and extra meds. The vet felt although he could continue to try to save him for another 24 to 48 hours it realy would not work. I decided to let Henry go rather than keep him going for another 48 hours just to have to make that descision anyway. It was obvious we had come to the end of the road.
Henry was one of my first bunnies so it is very upsetting to lose him. He has only just accepted in the last 2 months Faith as his girlfriend. I could not get him to accept a bunny before her. She will be feeling lost, so I will have to try to pair her up again soon.

So so sorry to hear about Henry :(
I will be thinking of you at this sad time.
hugs to you and Faith.

Aaaaw, Doroth, my deep condolences to you and Faith. I know what it is like to lose a precious first bunny as Charlie was mine! I have been thinking about you quite a lot during the last hour, uncanny, and I have just, moments before reading your post, added to my list of things to do "e-mail Dorothy"!!!!!!! When I go downstairs, I will light a candle for Mr. Henry Higgins and be thinking of you, my dear. xxxx :cry:

I was thinking of you today, same as Lizzie, isn't that strange. What can I say, I'm so sorry *huge hug*. Words just cannot express the sadness which settles in your heart when a bun passes to the bridge, I know exactly how it feels. But you'll see him again Dorothy, I have no doubt about that. The way you care for all those buns just astounds me, you're a very special lady, and I'm proud to call you my friend! Please give beautiful Faith an extra special cuddle from me, and whisper to her that I'm thinking of her.

~*x*~ Binky free Mr Henry Higgins, take all our love to the spirit buns and please say hello to my babies from me ~*x*~

Oh Dorothy, what can we say :? ...we are so, so sorry to hear this sad news, and send you hugs and much love.
Rabbits bring you such joy into your life and then such deep sorrow when they go, but as Lynda says, you will meet him again...it is not goodbye, just see you later.

Thinking of you.
XX

Oh Dorothy - I don't know what to say :cry: I am so very sorry :cry: You all tried so hard and Mr Henry knew that - he must have glimpsed the scene at the Rainbow Bridge and decided that it was time for him to go there.
I feel like I knew him personally - I am so upset :cry:
You take care and cuddle Faith for me - she will be needing you.
Run free in the eternal sunshine Mr Henry Higgins - you will be missed by so many. xxxx

So Sorry to hear about your precious Mr Henry Higgins :( Its heartbreaking when you loose your loved ones, its also heartbreaking when you hear that someone else has lost a precious little one. My heart goes out to you Dorothy

What absolutely lovely messages, girls, you have brought even more tears to my eyes. HB you are a very compassionate tinker!!!! :wink:

My candle is burning, Dorothy! It is called "Daisy" and has a lovely fragrance, it is burning very brightly for your Mr. Henry Higgins! :)

Oh Dorothy no!

This is bad news indeed. I didn't realise he was not well. You are one of the most giving and compassionate people on this forum, especially when other people are feeling low or have lost a bun. I can't send you Reiki or do anything...

James and I are thinking about you and we wish we could help.

Perhaps Mr Henry Higgings can teach Heidi bun how to eat without scratching her food all over the floor. :wink:

Please let us know if we can do anything.

<BIG BIG HUG>
Andrea

Oh dear I feel quite embaressed by all your kind words. Thank you so much for sending your thoughts my way, you are all such lovely people on this Forum. You've started meoff blubbing again. Lizzie thank you for lighting a candle.

I stayed with Henry, rubbing his nose and talking to him, until he passed over. I wonder Lynda if I email you a photo of him and Faith if you could post it on this thread. I am a plonker on the computer as you know!!

Hamish was also in the vets today, to have his teeth burred. He is still a bit dopey and Faith is running round him and grooming his nose. I am keeping an eye on them and will separate them at bedtime. But I am hoping Hamish will accept Faith.

I'm very sorry to hear of your poor bunny, it sounds like he had a wonderful bunny Mum. Run free little man.

Take care,

Nicola

Dorothy I'm so sorry to hear about you special boy - thinking of you and Faith. I'm sure that Mr Henry Higgins is telling all the other buns at the bridge about his wonderful life with his very special mum.

Oh Dorothy, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, just to let you knowI'm thinking of you both at this sad time. Sending huge hugs for you and lots of nose rub for faith, take care xx

Handsome Henry and Beautiful Faith:

henry1.jpg

Dorothy, I can't get the other one reduced in size, but bear with me I'll keep trying :wink:

Oh my God, Dorothy, he looks like my Charlie!!!!! Let's hope they are having a bit of banter now at the Bridge!!!! He certainly is a handsome chap and little Faith is a lovely girlie! xxx

Awww sorry to hear your sad news dorothy
henry was truely a very beautifull bunny,im thinking of you
take care
binky free henry find william make sure hes ok XXXX

Oh Dorothy - I'm so sorry to hear about Mr Henry Higgins - what a lovely bunny but he found love in his little life and had a great mum and also knew the closeness of a bunny buddy in Faith.

Sending a HUGE hug to you and Faith.

Binky Free Little Bunny and say hello to the Other Forum Bunny Gang over the Bridge. XXXXXXXX

:cry: Dorothy I'm so sorry to hear about Mr Henry Higgins. He was such a handsome, shiny bunny. Please remember the lovely life you gave him and how happy and well looked after he was. He couln't have wished for better.

Back