• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging: Leaf questions

Annie_90

Young Bun
If there are rabbit-friendly leaves falling in the same place as unfriendly ones, is it okay to use the good ones?

Also, would it be okay to post a bunch of pictures here? I've identified a couple of plants but not many.

If there are rabbit-friendly leaves falling in the same place as unfriendly ones, is it okay to use the good ones?

Also, would it be okay to post a bunch of pictures here? I've identified a couple of plants but not many.

Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand your first question. If you mean is it OK to pick out e.g. Hazel leaves amongst several Oak leaves fallen in the same place, then yes that's OK, as long as you're happy with the ID. Also I would make sure there are no bird droppings on the leaves, as bird droppings can contain viruses.

Yes, it's perfectly OK to post lots of plant pictures for identification, either here in your own thread or in the thread called A Foraging Diary. We'll try to do our best to help. Ideally, the pictures should be of the whole plant, an individual leaf and a flower (if it's in flower).

Foraging is great fun!

Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand your first question. If you mean is it OK to pick out e.g. Hazel leaves amongst several Oak leaves fallen in the same place, then yes that's OK, as long as you're happy with the ID. Also I would make sure there are no bird droppings on the leaves, as bird droppings can contain viruses.

Yes, it's perfectly OK to post lots of plant pictures for identification, either here in your own thread or in the thread called A Foraging Diary. We'll try to do our best to help. Ideally, the pictures should be of the whole plant, an individual leaf and a flower (if it's in flower).

Foraging is great fun!

Omi: Yes, that's what I meant :) Any I'm not sure of I'm leaving, as well as those that aren't clean. It's cheered my newly teenage bun up so I'm hoping to continue :)

Thank you. I saw the diary but wasn't sure about adding my own. I'll go there.

Omi: Yes, that's what I meant :) Any I'm not sure of I'm leaving, as well as those that aren't clean. It's cheered my newly teenage bun up so I'm hoping to continue :)

Please do :)

Hi Annie :wave:

When you say teenage - is he/she 13 years old now?

Back