Thread: Foraging: Leaf questions

Hybrid View

Default Foraging: Leaf questions

If there are rabbit-friendly leaves falling in the same place as unfriendly ones, is it okay to use the good ones?

Also, would it be okay to post a bunch of pictures here? I've identified a couple of plants but not many.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_90 View Post
    If there are rabbit-friendly leaves falling in the same place as unfriendly ones, is it okay to use the good ones?

Also, would it be okay to post a bunch of pictures here? I've identified a couple of plants but not many.
    Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand your first question. If you mean is it OK to pick out e.g. Hazel leaves amongst several Oak leaves fallen in the same place, then yes that's OK, as long as you're happy with the ID. Also I would make sure there are no bird droppings on the leaves, as bird droppings can contain viruses.

Yes, it's perfectly OK to post lots of plant pictures for identification, either here in your own thread or in the thread called A Foraging Diary. We'll try to do our best to help. Ideally, the pictures should be of the whole plant, an individual leaf and a flower (if it's in flower).

Foraging is great fun!
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure I completely understand your first question. If you mean is it OK to pick out e.g. Hazel leaves amongst several Oak leaves fallen in the same place, then yes that's OK, as long as you're happy with the ID. Also I would make sure there are no bird droppings on the leaves, as bird droppings can contain viruses.

Yes, it's perfectly OK to post lots of plant pictures for identification, either here in your own thread or in the thread called A Foraging Diary. We'll try to do our best to help. Ideally, the pictures should be of the whole plant, an individual leaf and a flower (if it's in flower).

Foraging is great fun!
    Omi: Yes, that's what I meant Any I'm not sure of I'm leaving, as well as those that aren't clean. It's cheered my newly teenage bun up so I'm hoping to continue

Thank you. I saw the diary but wasn't sure about adding my own. I'll go there.

Wise Old Thumper

Omi: Yes, that's what I meant Any I'm not sure of I'm leaving, as well as those that aren't clean. It's cheered my newly teenage bun up so I'm hoping to continue

Please do
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

Hi Annie

When you say teenage - is he/she 13 years old now?