Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about Jims

Sending lots of vibes for Jims, really hope the abx kick in quickly bless him xxxx
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wise Old Thumper

Sending Jims lots of vibes. I hope that the abx help him to recover soon.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

“We cannot go back and change the beginning. But we can start where we are and change the ending”.........C.S. Lewis

my poor boy is still not right, the sneezing has calmed down a bit and they sound less 'snotty' but hes now getting a bit picky about his food, i pray its just cause hes not feeling 100% and its not that his teeth need doing. we are giving him the antibiotic, eye drops, metacam, zantac and fibreplex all once a day, will be taking him back to the vets on thursday.

Poor Jims It does sound as though his teeth may be causing him some discomfort. Could the Vet see him today ? It's just that if he does need a Dental it would be far better to get it done before his GI tract slows down due to reduced food intake and certainly before he stops eating all together. Sending more vibes for him x

Sending vibes for Jims Vet appointment today Rach x

thanks Jane. they have extended his antibiotics and eye drops. i forgot to ask the vet how long its safe to keep him on metacam?

Quote Originally Posted by rachylou View Post
    thanks Jane. they have extended his antibiotics and eye drops. i forgot to ask the vet how long its safe to keep him on metacam?
    I'd give the Vet a call today to ask him/her. I have had Rabbits on longterm Metacam for chronic pain issues, but each case needs to be treated individually and your Vet is the best person to advise you on that. When a Rabbit is on longterm Metacam It is generally necessary for them to have regular blood tests to monitor their renal function. Some Vets also prescribe Ranitidine (Zantac) alongside Metacam to protect the stomach from ulceration. A possible side effect of Metacm is gastric ulceration, although Rabbits appear to be less prone to this than are other species of animal.

Sending Jims more vibes x