• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help me i'm panicking! and can't get to a vet!

linnyloo

Alpha Buck
Just now i noticed my bunny was sitting in his cage and he was making a funny sound (a bit like sneezing) and jerking his head. I have never seen him do this before. He stopped doing it as soon as i touched him though

Now he seems fine and hes still eating and drinking as normal.

Please help me i don't know what is wrong or if he was just sneezing?

The only other thing i noticed yesterday was he kept scratching his ear and i wonder if he might have something in it.Please could any help me with this as i am very worried but cannot get to a vets until tomorrow due to not being able to drive. :cry:

Keep an eye on him and if your at all concerned again phone the vet and see if you can talk to anyone.

If it was an emergency I'm sure someone would take you.

Was there any strong smell that might have given your bunny this reaction or dust etc

Did it look like a fit as it was hard to tell by what you had put, chances are it was nothing to worry about but keep an evy on him

Maureen

i have checked his eyes and they seem fine not runny or anything. Also he doesn't seem to have any discharge from his nose.

He lives indoors and has hay lining his cage where he appeared to be sleeping when he started sneezing, but he must have made the noise at least 6 or 7 times and only stopped when i started stroking him.

The only other time i heard a similar noise is sometimes when hes drinking he seems to get some water up his nose then he sneezes.

God, i get so worried at every usual sound he makes!! Like my child :roll:

Just keep an eye on him, he may have just got a little dust up his nose. Gosh they don't half worry you, us bunny Moms eh :roll: :D

Awww poor bun. Chances are that something has irritated his nose a bit and caused him to sneeze. As the others have said, keep a watchful eye on him for any more sneezing episodes. I'd definitely get him to the vets tomorrow if it keeps happening tonight.

Hi

They do worry you don't they! Keep an eye on him, long as he is eating well chances are there is nothing too serious! He might have some hay irritating his nose or maybe something else? Does he sound snuffly or anything like that? My bunny Pip is snuffly at mo and sneezing which is why I ask. She is on Baytril and a concoction of powders!! But seems to be getting better slowly. Vet said her chest is OK though so I think if you catch these things early you can stop any infection getting in.

I hope he isn't ill and just had a bit of something up his nose!

Nicola

He has not been snuffing or anything, and he seems fine.
Maybe he has made this noise before but i have never heard it!!
I think that he got something up his nose as he seems fine but will keep an eye on him for next few days just in case...

If i'm this worried about my bunny i hate to think what i would be like with a child!! :roll:

Back