• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone

New bunnies

Young Bun
Hi everyone

We’ve just got our first bunnies at the weekend & we (me & my two boys 7 & 9) are all in love. They’re only babies (12 weeks & 16 weeks) called Luna & Ginger & i’m a bit of a nervous new owner so hoping that some of you will be kind enough to help me with all my silly questions! :wave:

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: firstly I would recommend you find a rabbit savvy vet, and get your rabbits vaccinated, there’s lots of info here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?472636-Vaccinations-2018&p=7041560#post7041560. VHD2 is widespread at the moment and lots of unvaccinated rabbits are dying :cry: the vet will also be able to advise on neutering/spaying, which will need to be done to stop hormones causing them to fall out, uterine cancers in girls, and babies if they are a boy and girl, as they become sexually mature very early!

Feel free to ask lots of questions :thumb:

Thank you for your message Zoobec. Luna & Ginger are already vaccinated against VHD2 & Ginger (boy) is already neutered. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. So pleased your new bunnies are already vaccinated against RHD2 - are they also covered for Myxo/RHD1? Also that your boy is neutered as this will make it so much easier and less worrying. Are they indoor bunnies? Outdoor bunnies must be kept safe from Mr Fox. Diet is so important so don't be afraid to ask any questions you think of. Their main food should be hay with a small amount of pellets and herbs, forage or veg. Go slowly with the veg if they aren't used to it.

Thanks everyone, well they were going to be outdoor bunnies as we only have a smal house...but then I was worried about them being outside by themselves too much of the day. So they’re inside in our dining room 😁

Tonibun yes I wanted to wait for a week after the RHD2 vaccine for the little girl Luna as she was only just vaccinated a week ago just before we got her.

I keep loosing track of time just watching them...bunny tv is the best 😍. I have a question on handling but i’m not sure where is the right section for that?!!

Back