Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dennis has eaten newspaper

Mama Doe

Oh my goodness hope Dennis is OK. Albie shreds every piece of newspaper I put into their litter trays and Iíve no idea if he ingests it or not but heís never been poorly
    Bunny mum to Dixie, Blue, Indy (trio), Sir Humphrey Floofalot and River & Albie!
    Piggy mum to Mabel, Peaches and Buzz

Wise Old Thumper

Oh dear! "My" lovely Dennis can't get a blockage! I think we are all in agreement on this one. xx

I used to use a newspaper based cat litter in by bridge bun’s litter tray. I’m sure she used to have a nibble on it. She lived for another 5 years after I stopped using it. I’m sure Dennis will be fine, although he’s very naughty scaring you like that x

Agree with Omi and Tonibun. Firstly, vibes for Dennis - I hope that he is ok and nomms on some hay and fibre during the day - and I know you will be extra vigilant with him today.
    Hillian have nommed on the occasional piece of newspaper but it's not often they do it. I don't usually give it much attention and they seem fine. And I use newspaper in their indoor hutch (that they use for their en suite toilet) and I've not had any issues. I completely understand the worry - it's perfectly normal to be worried. Just keep an eye on him and see how he behaves. And finally - what a naughty Dennis. No nommy treats for him tonight.

Oh, Dennis.

I echo the sentiment of the others. My (mum's) guinea pigs, Zeta and Eta, are notorious for eating paper. I try and persuade her to use alternate bedding but... Anyhow, Zeta and Eta are typically fine. Just keep an eye on him, encourage him to eat more suitable nommy things... You got this. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    Oh, Dennis.

I strongly suggest these probiotics and echo the sentiment of the others. My (mum's) guinea pigs, Zeta and Eta, are notorious for eating paper. I try and persuade her to use alternate bedding but... Anyhow, Zeta and Eta are typically fine. Just keep an eye on him, encourage him to eat more suitable nommy things... You got this. xxx
    So glad to read that generally, the paper doesn't seem to do them any harm. I nearly panicked when I saw this thread as a new owner. haha
    Last edited by GradyBol; 02-08-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks for the reassurance everybun. I've been keeping my hawky-hooman-eyes on him today.

I think Dennis should think about his behaviour and how his rock and roll life style effects his hooman companion.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I see Dennis is a gorgeous black lionhead. I've had lions since 1998, three as house buns, and they've all liked to gnaw and eat bits of paper. My harlequin Benji's speciality was jumping up onto the sofa as soon as I put my book down and biting off the corner of the front page. It doesn't matter how many toys I put out, these lions gravitate towards paper.

My current 7 yr old lionhead Stakki has his own copy of the book One Day and he's been steadily eating it for the past six years with no ill effects, so please don't worry about Dennis.