• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Boo is ill u/d

Thanks everyone for thinking of Boo. We will be going back to the vet today. Whilst she does have a few very quiet gut sounds, she really isn’t herself. She is just lying in the one spot for ages and just sits there while I pick her up. She was better on Thursday night and yesterday morning. At least she was bouncing about fine and running to hide when I went to get her.

She has passed some poos overnight, eaten a little veg and had her meds and a syringe feed this morning, but she is just too quiet. Boo is a very nervous, active rabbit and this quietness isn’t like her at all.

Thanks everyone for thinking of Boo. We will be going back to the vet today. Whilst she does have a few very quiet gut sounds, she really isn’t herself. She is just lying in the one spot for ages and just sits there while I pick her up. She was better on Thursday night and yesterday morning. At least she was bouncing about fine and running to hide when I went to get her.

She has passed some poos overnight, eaten a little veg and had her meds and a syringe feed this morning, but she is just too quiet. Boo is a very nervous, active rabbit and this quietness isn’t like her at all.

I hope the Vets can establish exactly what's going on for her and that she'll soon be back to her normal self XX

Ohh baby Boo - its frustrating when you don't know reasons & upsetting when they behave so out of character. Loads of get well vibes xx

Just a thought, one of the meds Boo has been prescribed is not Buprenorphine (Vetergesic/Buprecare etc) is it ? If so this can cause marked sedation as it's an opiate.

I’m back from the vet. We had to see a different vet and she thought Boo had some spurs on her teeth that needed seeing to. The vet didn’t want to wait so Boo is there now having a dental. I asked for full bloods to be taken too.

Jane, as far as I know Boo hasn’t been given vetergesic or anything similar.

Any more spare vibes would be appreciated.

Everything crossed the spurs were the issue & she recovers well. I guess you'll have an update very soon

I’m back from the vet. We had to see a different vet and she thought Boo had some spurs on her teeth that needed seeing to. The vet didn’t want to wait so Boo is there now having a dental. I asked for full bloods to be taken too.

Jane, as far as I know Boo hasn’t been given vetergesic or anything similar.

Any more spare vibes would be appreciated.

Poor Boo, I'm still sending vibes for her xx

Pesky teeth! Sending more vibes and I hope that the dental will make her feel better.

That’s Boo home again for the night. Right now she is hiding in her box, but she’s not long had her dental. She had a spur on one side, and a tiny one on the other side but no cuts on her tongue which is good. I’m hoping it will help her and not set her back.

Her blood glucose has come down to 14.8, and her bloods were ok apart from a kidney one, which was a bit low. The vet thought it was probably because she hasn’t been eating rather than a cause of anything.

She’s to go back again tomorrow if I’m not happy with how she is doing. I hope she’s well enough to stay here because I think all the going back and forward must be affecting her.

Glad Boo is back in the comfort and familiartity of her surroundings with you. And so glad the dental went well with her. Hopefully she'll be a bit more perky tomorrow and get onto her foods again. x

Just a quick update. Boo is almost totally back to her cheeky self now :D. We didn’t need the appointment on Sunday after all. I phoned them to update them on how she was, but was surprised to get a call yesterday from one of the nurses to check she was still doing fine. She asked me to give them another update on Wednesday :D

Just a quick update. Boo is almost totally back to her cheeky self now :D. We didn’t need the appointment on Sunday after all. I phoned them to update them on how she was, but was surprised to get a call yesterday from one of the nurses to check she was still doing fine. She asked me to give them another update on Wednesday :D

Boo bunnies are the bravest & best. Well done Boo Boo bunny

Back