• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinkerbell - 17/02/08 - 04/10/18

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Given that I found Tinkerbell on RU, it seems fitting that I mark her passing here in Rainbow Bridge.

Shortly after I joined RU one of the first rescue stories I read was one where RSPCA Walsall took in 5 rabbits from a neglect situation - Tink and her two littermates were living in a filthy four foot hutch with her parents and her two older sisters were in cages outdoors. In the next few weeks 5 rabbits became 15 as three of the four females had litters. Tink must have become pregnant at the earliest age possible. I was drawn to Tink as even though she had come from such a terrible place she was a good mother and her babies thrived in her care (she could have been no more than about 18 - 20 weeks old when she became a mother). I have a "30 mile safe zone" re driving but travelled the 150 miles or so Walsall to collect her and she became a wonderful companion for Rudy.

How she managed to have so few health problems over the years is a mystery. E.Cuniculi took her sight a few years ago but it was arthritis in her legs that became her greatest challenge.

RIP beautiful, gentle Tinkerbell.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry you lost her:cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Tinkerbell xx

I am so very sorry :cry: What a super, long and healthy life she had with you after such a distressing start.

What an amazing life you gave her. I know how much you loved Tink, you're very much in my thoughts . Sweet dreams lovely lady xx

Given that I found Tinkerbell on RU, it seems fitting that I mark her passing here in Rainbow Bridge.

Shortly after I joined RU one of the first rescue stories I read was one where RSPCA Walsall took in 5 rabbits from a neglect situation - Tink and her two littermates were living in a filthy four foot hutch with her parents and her two older sisters were in cages outdoors. In the next few weeks 5 rabbits became 15 as three of the four females had litters. Tink must have become pregnant at the earliest age possible. I was drawn to Tink as even though she had come from such a terrible place she was a good mother and her babies thrived in her care (she could have been no more than about 18 - 20 weeks old when she became a mother). I have a "30 mile safe zone" re driving but travelled the 150 miles or so Walsall to collect her and she became a wonderful companion for Rudy.

How she managed to have so few health problems over the years is a mystery. E.Cuniculi took her sight a few years ago but it was arthritis in her legs that became her greatest challenge.

RIP beautiful, gentle Tinkerbell.

How lucky Tinkerbell was to have come into your care. I am sorry that you had to let her go, but as always you did what was in her best interests.

Binky free Tinks, you will be much missed and never forgotten xx

So very sorry you lost Tinkerbell :'(

Binky free Tinkerbell forever free at the Bridge all well again xxx

Thinking about you xx

Thank you all for your kind words. It seems that Tink had far more going on than I could ever have known. It turns out she had a massive tumour in her intestines, secondaries in her chest and a calcified aorta. No wonder she went down rapidly in the last few weeks, it wasn't pain from arthritis after all. My poor girl.

Thank you all for your kind words. It seems that Tink had far more going on than I could ever have known. It turns out she had a massive tumour in her intestines, secondaries in her chest and a calcified aorta. No wonder she went down rapidly in the last few weeks, it wasn't pain from arthritis after all. My poor girl.

:cry: XX

I kept in contact with alot of the bunnies from this rescue and i think Tink out lived all of them. Thank you for giving her, her forever home. From a terrible start she was a very lucky bunny to have gone to live with you. sleep tight Tinkerbell <3

I kept in contact with alot of the bunnies from this rescue and i think Tink out lived all of them. Thank you for giving her, her forever home. From a terrible start she was a very lucky bunny to have gone to live with you. sleep tight Tinkerbell <3

Aw, thank you Vicky. I knew she outlived the rest of her age group as Puddle and Elliot and Phoebe's owners were on here and I read of their passing, Kirsty told me that sadly you'd lost Smudge quite recently - she reached a good age too. You adopted one of Puddle's babies, too, Pebble, didn't you? They were such a handsome family. Did you keep in touch with Sooty and Fidget's owners? If i could have seen the future that I'd end up with so many rabbits I would have adopted Fidget to be with her mummy, I've often thought of her.

Last edited:
Back