• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phillip and Snowy’s bonding journey

nap91

Mama Doe
Day 1

We have a makeshift pen on the kitchen floor. No fighting thankfully but lots of mounting from Phillip. We let him do that for a while but pushed him away when we he mounted her face. Snowy just looks so sorry for herself! For a rabbit with a heart condition, Phillip has a lot of stamina o_O
Should we just let him continually mount her? I feel awful for her!

Here’s a photo of the current situation, spot Snowy hiding from the pest :lol:

627f4b3f8605c62f2e6f84148be6aec7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww I'm really glad you started bonding, it sounds like Phillip is having a hoot! Does snowy tolerate the mounting?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes she seems to as the moment which is why we’ve not stopped him. She ran away just now so she’s certainly not enjoying it but she’s not gone for him...yet. He just mounts her constantly though and not sure if that is normal or a good sign?!

We had the constant mounting when I bonded Tethra and Tui. She would tolerate it briefly, but then run away. I don't think it's a problem if the doe can run away, if it doesn't make her angry and aggressive and if the mounting is not on the face, I think he will soon get the message and stop doing it. He still does it, but only very rarely.

I hope it continues to go well.

Maple will not tolerate any humping and would immediately start a fight, never would run away. So think that's a good sign from snowy so far

Joey is a right sex pest during bonding. You should find it calms in a day or 2. I only interupted if he was excessive or on the wrong end though I was tempted to leave him on the naughty step. Happy bondy vibes for you buns, sounds likes its going well & running the usual course

Lopsy (m) was all over Aboleth (f) at first, but it was quickly the other way round :lol: Best of luck :D

Thanks everyone! So helpful to hear everyone's bonding experiences and know that it is normal. It's so uncomfortable to watch that I needed some reassurance :lol:
Fingers crossed we have a positive bonding experience too.

Bonding attempt 2.
Have been really awful at this recently but have started the bonding process again tonight as I now have a week off work.

They have been in their neutral enclosure for about 20 minutes so far. Slightly less mounting than last time but there is still so much :shock: and the honking from him!
It's just so uncomfortable to watch as you have to keep an eye out to make sure he's not mounting her head still :roll:

No fighting still though. Poor Snowy. She's spent most of the time hiding in her tunnel from pesky Phillip again.

Edit: Ok it hasn't eased off at all. The only time he stops mounting is when he's tired himself out and needs a lie down!

Last edited:
Oh Phillip, you naughty naughty boy!

Toby enjoyed a hump too only no bun would tolerate it and all hell broke loose. As hard as it is, maybe continue as you are and hope Phillip gets bored tonight. Is he distracted by noms?

At least she can hide, mine ran away but they were in a big area.

She is running away after a while, and he does chase her to keep mounting. I keep expecting her to turn around to nip (and wouldn't blame her either!) but she doesn't!

Bonding day 3

Just a short 15 minute session today as I've got a horrible temperature and need to lie down. But I am pleased to report that there was no mounting today, partly because Phillip spent most of the time licking the kitchen cupboards :lol:

Snowy was a bit more confident today, not only venturing out of the tunnel but also eating a bit of food which she doesn't usually do when he's there.

A positive 15 minutes!

Last edited:
Good girl snowy for not reacting. This will save your hooman alot of stress. Keep up the good work girlfriend. And Phillip, please be a gentlebun xx

Bonding day 3

So it started off like this today:

563a7ac9adf466742a8d99f084a8350b.jpg

0ef3669c987f57e36d4d8d96bedcfda8.jpg

Brilliant I thought! We are getting somewhere. They tricked me.

No sooner had I reached for my cup of tea had Phillip starting honking then mounting her. She got fed up quickly today and ran. He chased and continued. She’s moulting so he ended up with a massive white beard. He continued and she kept running. Eventually she turned round and nipped. Did he get the hint?! No of course he didn’t! -_-
They continued this for another 5 minutes until he got tired:

9eae0c77a92b13b8728dea16ec981cfd.jpg

After 5 minutes he started again so she thumped and nipped again. He still kept chasing and mounting!

There’s been no actual fighting but this is so stressful! I’ve separated them for today as I could see her getting stressed and I don’t want a stasis episode!!

Back