• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phillip and Snowy’s bonding journey

I think from what your showing us it looks very positive! Phillip just needs to get this mounting out the way, prehaps over night bounding sesh. I know you are worried about Snowy and her stasis but I would probably think it's more stressful for Snowy to keep separating and introducing them? You know your bunnys the bested, but I think it's going really well!

I think it could be good also for Snowy to be top bun and put Phil in his place

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Maybe I am being too protective! I've just never bonded rabbits so it's a new and uncomfortable experience for me to see Phillip like this :lol:

Maybe I am being too protective! I've just never bonded rabbits so it's a new and uncomfortable experience for me to see Phillip like this [emoji38]
I could never agree your over protective when I'm still sleeping on the sofa next to the bunnies after they been bonded a month!

I could never agree your over protective when I'm still sleeping on the sofa next to the bunnies after they been bonded a month!

Oh bless you that is so lovely! But we have to do what is best for our bunnies!
Hope they are getting on ok :)

Day 4

Another day of much the same. When they are both just sat there, they're quite calm and tend to ignore each other. From watching them closely today, it appears to be when Snowy moves, that's when the mounting from Phillip starts. Then it'll settle until she moves again.

Day 6

Still so much mounting [emoji24]
He is relentless.
And she is so placid. The most she’s doing is running away but he’s not getting the hint [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Philly-willy-woo, what are you up to lad? He must really like that Snowy!

Yep only have about an inch between their enclosures. They've lived side by side for 8 months now.

I think so? I got one that's plugged in the lounge where Dennis and Maple are living. It's said to help with bonding - for twenty pounds it's worth ago and lasts a long time

Will have a google of it now, thanks. At this point I kind of feel like anything is worth a try to stop the constant mounting :lol:

Edit: Seen some great things about using Pet Remedy with bonding. Also Snowy is a scatty bunny anyway and Phillip loves a good stomp so think this might be a help all round. Have ordered some and should be here Sunday. Thanks loobers :D

Last edited:
I am trying a new tactic today. Haven't bonded for a while but after trying today again, there was still constant mounting from Phillip. Snowy just sits there and sometimes runs but looks scared stiff most of the time.

So after having had enough, I put them both in the lounge 15 minutes ago with the doors shut, rather than the small enclosed area we usually bond in.
I'm not sure how it's going to pan out but Snowy is her normal self again. Phillip is still trying to mount but Snowy, obviously feeling more comfortable in an area she knows, she is running away from him straight away. He chases her but there is no fighting. It could all go disastrously wrong I'm sure but I'm hoping he'll get the message quicker if she's constantly running away.

Back