• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Pepper - young neutered boy nethie, Nottingham

xfallenxskyx

Warren Scout
Pepper was rescued by our friend and still hasn't found a forever home so we're helping to find him one. He's roughly just over 6 months old, he's neutered, vaccinated with both Nobivac & Filavac. He is an excitable young rabbit who loves to be out free roaming and loves space out in the garden. Doesn't like being picked up but that's normal for most rabbits. If you join the Rodents & Rabbits facebook group there are videos of him in there.

2mn539.jpg

Email me at burrowedheartsrescue@outlook.com if you'd like to offer Pepper a home.
He's currently in central Nottingham.

Last edited:
I think he might be an ideal companion for my Poppy.

Is he still available?

I would email the rescue if you haven’t already, they might not get chance to come on here much. If he’s not available they might have another suitable friend for Poppy :thumb:

Fingers crossed, but looking good.
Hopefully picking him up Wednesday next week :) Can't wait :D

.... picking Pepper up tomorrow :D:D:D
I'm hoping he's going to love it down here.

Thanks for posting his details, xfallenxskyx.

.... picking Pepper up tomorrow :D:D:D
I'm hoping he's going to love it down here.

Thanks for posting his details, xfallenxskyx.

:love: I’m sure he will :thumb: we will look forward to seeing pics of him in his new home:thumb:

so.....

Pepper is 'home'! Just got back from Nottingham.

He's currently out in the garden in a temp fenced-off area with Poppy outside that fence.
Pepper's fine. Grazing & binkying about.

Poppy is either
a) completely not bothered
or
b) preparing to attack
difficult to tell which.

I will house them seperately tonight & introduce them 'sans chicken-wire' tomorrow.
I have taken a couple of days of work (tomorrow & Friday) to do this. I think it's gonna be fine with a bit of patience.

Fantastic.

A scuffle first thing this morning - my fault, i put then together in a neutral area but i think it was all a bit sudden & they immediately had 3 scuffles, one after the other.
I seperated them then let Poppy into the garden then let Pepper out as well & all's fine :) A bit of chasing around etc but i could see it wasn't aggressive stuff & an hour later it's fine.
Pepper went into Poppy's house & Poppy went in after him. I was expecting possible trouble but all's good & they are now back in the garden.

Pepper is so lively! Tearing around & binkying.

update
11:00
Poppy has gone down the bottom of the garden to eat pears that have fallen off a tree.
While she's been gone Pepper took a while to check out the shed that Poppy sleeps in, do a few dashes around the garden and generally investigate everything. Currently grazing.

11:20
after 1/2 hr or so of them not really interacting at all there was a nose-to-nose moment & now they seem to be operating as a pair.
Pepper is the most relaxed but Poppy is fine, she just currently likes to keep him facing him - i guess just in case he does something unexpected.

and good news in as far as when Pepper decides to make a dash for cover, he either rushes into the rabbit shed or under the shrubs where Chester liked to go. There are shrubs & honeysuckle down the right hand side of the garden & there is a route between all the intertwining branches all the way up & down that Chester & Poppy have made in the past.
(Chester is the bunny that passed away a month ago - Poppy's previous partner).

12:00
Pepper went into Poppy's shed & 5 mins later Poppy went in as well. I was alert for possible trouble but all seems OK. I couldn't see what was going on as I was keeping my distance but no untoward noise & 2 mins later Poppy came back out in a casual way.
They are both back outside & moving about as a loose pair. Happy days.

19/10/2018 10:00h
Looks like they are bonded.
I was a bit worried putting them in the same shed overnight as they didn't seem 100% happy with each other when i first put them in but after being together all day i thought that if i seperated them it might makes things worse the next day, so i left them in together & went to check every 1/2hr or so until i went to bed.
They've now been outside since 07:30 this morning & all signs seem to be that they are totally bonded. Operating as a close pair & Pepper is occassionally grooming Poppy.

Pepper likes to eat Roses & strawberry plants.

10:30
....I'm hoping nothing went wrong with Pepper's neuterising! (Poppy hasn't been done).

CzjQlgG.jpg

ocfUPYF.jpg

a3v4Id5.jpg

n7I2ad5.jpg

6IYKpWV.jpg

hOAqgO0.jpg

Last edited:
Back