Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In your experiences...

Thanks everybun.

So what about hidey holes such as PMH? Could a bun claim as their "warren"?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Thanks everybun.

So what about hidey holes such as PMH? Could a bun claim as their "warren"?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    They might, but I think this could happen at any time. It didn't happen with my two and they were in a larger area with cardboard hidey holes after about 24 hours.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Wise Old Thumper

I'm bonding Tigger and Cindy and put heir own litter trays in with them (they are in a 12 x 8 shed). It really depends on the rabbits up to a point.

Mama Doe

I find that single bunnies tend to sit around more and move a lot less. Bunnies in pairs or more enjoy chasing and playing and do cover a lot more ground as they are doing what they are supposed to do. I think single bunnies lack the motivation of a friend to actually get up and run about more - although that is not an excuse to keep them in an inadequate space, more an incentive to make 2 or 3 bunnies happier with each other.

I prefer my two to have 'areas', separated by tubes, so they can go and grump off and be moany with each other when they want, and go back and be forgiven when they want. Neither has claimed an area as their own (though they'll chin everything in reach of course, but no fighting over it), and putting them into their big area on the lawn has never instigated anything that hasn't happened everywhere else anyway.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

If you increase the space too soon after bonding then there could be problems, otherwise the more room the better but with at least as many hidey holes as rabbits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk