• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Georgina - arrived at the bridge 27th Sept 2017

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Georgina bun sadly had to leave us and go to the bridge a year ago today. I still shed tears every day about her passing. I joined the forum after Georgina passed, so her story and her antics are largely unknown to most. Georgina was a sweet little rabbit with a very challenging background before we rescued her.
DJKHpvl.jpg
[/IMG]
She was quite an independant bunny but she had the softest of fur from any rabbit I've had. She loved her food and had quite a unique way of making sure she got the lions share by putting her front paws on the food bowl and just plunging fer whole face in the bowl to prevent any other rabbits getting in first.
Georgina had 2 hus-buns. Her first was a young buck called Sam who we sadly lost after about 18 months with her. Then Georgina met, and bonded with Ben - the harlequin. It was the most incredible love story as they bonded quickly and Ben just adored Georgina and Georgina adored Ben. They spent so much time together, cuddled up, grooming and enjoying life in our garden.
05Rl1TN.jpg
[/IMG]
Georgina loved sunbathing and could often be found basking in the warm sunshine in the garden.
9tg5fN6.jpg
[/IMG]

Georgina loved her life with Ben and we did our utmost to give her a safe, happy and comfortable environmen to spend her life in.
RIri1Ak.jpg
[/IMG]

Georginas favorite spot inour garden is also where she is at rest - alongside her hus-bun Ben who sadly passed 3 weeks after Georgina went to the bridge. Georgina loved this spot and it remains a very special place in our garden. Each and every day I say hello to both Georgina and Ben.
3jBKetK.jpg
[/IMG]

Each and every day I think about Georgina and Ben - I miss them so so much. The hutchis empty without them and I miss seeing Georgina's face every day as I brought out food for her and Ben. And even though we have 'Hillian' now, Georgina and Ben will always be special in our hearts - hearts which were broken when Georgina left us a year ago.
I miss you so much Georgina. Sleep tight and binkey free and I hope you have found the love of your life - Ben at the other side of the bridge. You are always inour thoughts Georgina. xxx

Many of us on RU understand what it is like to lose a bunny who could steal our heart with just a look. You wrote a lovely tribute to your friends and I know you were special to Georgia and Ben too.

They were both gorgeous:love: it’s very hard to lose such special bunnies :cry: thinking of you as you remember them xx

Many of us on RU understand what it is like to lose a bunny who could steal our heart with just a look. You wrote a lovely tribute to your friends and I know you were special to Georgia and Ben too.

Absolutely. For some of us there will always be that one extra special Rabbit. Totally irreplaceable, a once in a lifetime encounter

Craig, your tribute is lovely and I empathise with your feelings xx

What an amazing tribute Craig and you brought a tear to my eye :love:

I am so glad you found this group.
You bring something with you words can't explain, and your love for bunnies shines through.

I am sure she's happy with Ben now, and glad that you are able to find joy in rabbits again.

Absolutely. For some of us there will always be that one extra special Rabbit. Totally irreplaceable, a once in a lifetime encounter

Craig, your tribute is lovely and I empathise with your feelings xx

Absolutely agree :( it's a blessing and a curse because you got to experience something so amazing and special, but also lose it :(

What a beautiful tribute for a very special rabbit xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone who have posted very moving comments. You've all made me sob all morning at work- I've quietly gone through half a box of tissues. I think Graciee summed up how I felt by saying its a curse- in the kindest of ways. I know you all know exactly how it feels and for me, time sort of stood still. I'm still not over the loss and I've git bens to come in 3 weeks. We do this because we care beyond our own world and because we dedicate that energy into bettering the lives of rabbits who just need that loving caring life. You are all very special people and rabbits are in a far better place with all of you caring for them. You are lovely people, each and every one of you.

A wonderful tribute to a gorgeous bunny. I remember Georgina from TT but its been a priviledge to learn more about your little star

Oh Craig, Georgina was so beautiful. Sending my love to you and your family today. xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all again - and those of you who kindly posted after my other thanks. It really means alot because you have all gone through incrcedible journeys and you have kindly taken the time to post the most kindest of thoughts. I really appreciate you all - you mean so much. xx

Thank you all again - and those of you who kindly posted after my other thanks. It really means alot because you have all gone through incrcedible journeys and you have kindly taken the time to post the most kindest of thoughts. I really appreciate you all - you mean so much. xx

I am also thankful for this forum. Everyone here knows that all bunnies are special and it can be very emotional when they are ill or when they are not able to stay with us physically.

You were so fortunate to have had special bunnies touch your life so deeply and I know they were lucky to have you too.

Back