• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor house build diary!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I love following other people's builds and am currently doing my own DIY project, so thought I'd share even though I'm not around as much as I used to be on here!

I'm going to bring my oldest pair of buns in this winter, and after deciding I can't afford a beautiful Manor Pet Housing pen I thought I'd try to build my own.

I had some pieces of perspex and a roll of mesh in the shed, and headed to a local wood recycling centre to try and source the rest... As a result, the house is cobbled together out of reclaimed pieces, including some old drawer bottoms from a local museum's specimen drawers!

Here are some photos so far - including some close ups of corners because I've never done anything like this before and am shamelessly pleased with how they turned out...

I'll update when I'm done if it's of interest to anyone [emoji4]
e9c286fa97875f94102d4d5ad2787809.jpg
d88a2c98c3c3a0cc5070ce5b1a66ed6b.jpg
0f71377ec95c93a3c04a605d45a991d2.jpg
ad0e70a012f31f737df498ef30078796.jpg
5096f1bbd0bdfe9a56e58a17894647bd.jpg
1847fd064552d834856e391e011ba3ed.jpg
08b168d5b6789c1838717d3595010185.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Tango is booked in for a dental on Tuesday and I'm toying with bringing them in then, as he'll need to keep warm overnight after the anaesthetic anyway. But I can't decide if it's a little early.

Thanks! Tango is booked in for a dental on Tuesday and I'm toying with bringing them in then, as he'll need to keep warm overnight after the anaesthetic anyway. But I can't decide if it's a little early.

I think if you are going to bring them in over winter anyway, then it would be a good opportunity. It’s turned cold here at night lately.

That’s really good well done! :) what size is it can I ask? Ours are indoor bunnies but am interested in the idea of getting them a pen for when we’re out.

Temperatures are dropping, so it's a good time if you're thinking of doing it anyway :)

It's looking fantastic - you've a right to be proud :)

That’s really good well done! :) what size is it can I ask? Ours are indoor bunnies but am interested in the idea of getting them a pen for when we’re out.

Thanks! It's 190x90cm. I've since installed a runaround door for them to come in and out, and have plans for another level but will need to wait for that as I've ordered some elements from MPH and there's a 10-12 week lead time. It also now has mesh lids, as we have a cat and while they do get on well I need to make sure they have some cat-free space. It was as big as the space would allow, hopefully they'll be happy!

Temperatures are dropping, so it's a good time if you're thinking of doing it anyway :)

It's looking fantastic - you've a right to be proud :)

Thank you. The vet has just called, Tango is waking up from his anaesthetic and now has lovely smooth teeth (again). So they'll be coming home this evening and moving into their new home to recover :)

I sold my dacha and bought a house for myself. I had a large farm where I raised rabbits and birds and cattle. Now I'm focusing specifically on rabbits, and I plan to deal only with them. Because I sold my dacha, I moved to my new house, which is still under construction. And I spend a lot of time watching the construction. I found the house plan on the website https://www.boutiquehomeplans.com/cost-to-build there and calculated its cost. And it would seem that it should have become easier for me, but it turns out that the difficulties are not over. After all, there was a construction site ahead, and there was no time to take care of the rabbits and the farm.

Last edited:
Back