• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding male and female after neutering

Josie21

New Kit
Hi all.
We got baby bunnies which we separated almost immediately to avoid babies.
They were neutered nearly 2 weeks ago at 20 weeks old and both have made superb recovery.
Today, I put them together in the outdoor run they've both used separately (we have 2). It seems to be going so well that my husband and vetinary nurse friend feel that there's no need to keep the mesh divider in their shed tonight.
Any thoughts?
I scattered bits of carrot, greens and dandelions which they've both enjoyed together and separately. They even shared a piece of carrot.
They've both groomed eachother, which was delightful. Girl has had a few binky run around. They've had a snooze side by side.
Although they've been separated, it was only a piece of mesh and I sort of feel they're already bonded. I've always swapped sides of the shed and outdoor run so no one feels it's theirs.
I'm so tempted to let them be together now...

It sounds like they are getting on really well but I would separate them tonight as it is their first night, then monitor them again tomorrow and if good they should be ok to remain together. I wouldn't like you to come down in the morning and find fur everywhere and an injured rabbit. I hope they have many happy years with you. Are they vaccinated?

Back