• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A dominance thing?

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Lilac and Teddy have (as far as I know) been together for the majority of their lives. They're very well bonded, don't fight over anything and Lilac will happily spend hours grooming Teddy. He doesn't often return the favour [emoji23] but doesn't display any other real signs of dominance. I've never really been able to work out who's boss.

Recently Teddy has started to venture outside of their room. He'd never done this before (I've had them about 10 months now), which I put down to his head tilt making him less confident. Anyway he's doing super well now and is full of confidence but every time he ventures somewhere new Lilac follows him and starts humping him. Once she's done it a few times she leaves him alone and will happily run around with him. Is this a dominance thing? Is it her way of saying these are my rooms, don't you forget it?! It's not a major issue by any means, I'm just curious about what goes on in their bunny brains.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

It could be that Lily is being a typically territorial female and letting Ted know those new rooms are her domain. I see it to a lesser extent with my two. My doe Fudgie has unequivocally claimed the IKEA bed as her own. Whenever her husbun Snoopy on a rare occasion decides to jump on it, she’ll stop whatever she’s doing, steam over and push him off [emoji38]

Lilac and Teddy have (as far as I know) been together for the majority of their lives. They're very well bonded, don't fight over anything and Lilac will happily spend hours grooming Teddy. He doesn't often return the favour [emoji23] but doesn't display any other real signs of dominance. I've never really been able to work out who's boss.

Recently Teddy has started to venture outside of their room. He'd never done this before (I've had them about 10 months now), which I put down to his head tilt making him less confident. Anyway he's doing super well now and is full of confidence but every time he ventures somewhere new Lilac follows him and starts humping him. Once she's done it a few times she leaves him alone and will happily run around with him. Is this a dominance thing? Is it her way of saying these are my rooms, don't you forget it?! It's not a major issue by any means, I'm just curious about what goes on in their bunny brains.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I think it could well be a dominance thing!

These females - they want to rule the world :lol:

My boys have free roam of the house. They are 8 months old and are neutered brothers. They hump each other ALL THE TIME,sometimes not even the right "end" (a hump to the face or side!). They do this to decide who is the boss. Calloway gets humped the most,as he insists on scent marking EVERYTHING which Perry doesn't like, so he gets humped to remind him that not everything is his!

Back