• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are bigger rabbits more chilled?

I always used to think this - the tinier the rabbit the more nervous.
But is it true?

Hmmm..

Idk, I guess there's always unique ones :)

Generally I'd say yes, although the white buns are so so chill they make Atticus and Clementine looks jumpy, whereas before to me they were pretty calm haha

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I think that apart from the exceptions (which there always will be-these are rabbits after all!)then yes.I haven't got any personal experience though.

My bridge pair were different. Cleo was pure bred otter blue mini lop.Very flighty, wouldn't let you touch her.Rio was Tri coloured mini lop cross from a pet shop.He was nearly eight pounds in weight and a laid back,carpet slob that loved being petted.

I'm inclined to agree with all of you lovely people. My bridge bun Ben was not a giant, but by gee, he was a big old boy. And he was utterly chillaxed. Before him, another bridge bun - Max, he was also a very laid back kind of bunny. But, just to be awkward, Lillian here, is certainly not the skin and bones deliberately starved bun she was when we got her almost exactly a year ago. She's 'filled out' and is quite a size now. And she's just a blobby bunny, whereas Nethie Henry - her husbun, is tiny by comparison and is mostly chilled. But he has his zoomy moments. I guess it could just depend on the pesonality and environment of the bunny too?

Not in my experience. My nethies are not chilled, but I wouldn’t call them anxious- mostly they are lunatics. Big bunnies are easier to manage if they are chilled, Ive found.

On average I've found that smaller rabbits are a lot more skittish whereas bigger rabbits are more laid back but there's plenty of exceptions

I have an English lop (large breed rabbit) that’s the most relaxed bunny. We have a nethie who is far more busy and skittish but who also enjoys time with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in my experience. My nethies are not chilled, but I wouldn’t call them anxious- mostly they are lunatics. Big bunnies are easier to manage if they are chilled, Ive found.

This my old nethie Rosie was easy to handle but completely crazy when she was younger in age 😂😂😂 with things she did

I have an English lop (large breed rabbit) that’s the most relaxed bunny. We have a nethie who is far more busy and skittish but who also enjoys time with us.

I've found bigger bunnies - and more especially male big bunnies, to be more confident and laid back. Not immediately they come from Rescue as they can be quite stressed, particularly if malnourished to begin with.

But after a settling in time, it's the big bunnies that will sploof out in the middle of the room while the smaller buns tend to hang around the edge of it :)

I've found bigger bunnies - and more especially male big bunnies, to be more confident and laid back. Not immediately they come from Rescue as they can be quite stressed, particularly if malnourished to begin with.

But after a settling in time, it's the big bunnies that will sploof out in the middle of the room while the smaller buns tend to hang around the edge of it :)

Yes defo! Our nethie won’t curl up in front of the fire but our English lop loves to
7a6f00954e50504e4de5404eb39ed6d9.jpg

Yes defo! Our nethie won’t curl up in front of the fire but our English lop loves to

My nethies will only sleep in the middle of the room. Very odd. I keep telling them it's not normal. I thought they'd like to sleep in their wooden house and hide away.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My nethie Piper is definitely the most anxious and skittish. All the others are much more chilled. Actually, except for Dave the lion head/Belgium hare cross who is just loopy.

My nethies will only sleep in the middle of the room. Very odd. I keep telling them it's not normal. I thought they'd like to sleep in their wooden house and hide away.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Your Nethies have very special squares.

And they are very special Nethies :love:

This exactly! Frosty is a very active acrobatic bunny, he’s super confident and very self assured though!

This exactly! Frosty is a very active acrobatic bunny, he’s super confident and very self assured though!

:D

I had a Nethie like this. He was actually much bigger in personality than his size.
Perhaps that's what makes some Nethies chilled :)

They become what they believe themselves to be :love:

Beautiful! I love her ears :)

Also please let me know how you keep your front room so clean!

Back