• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

home made rabbit treats recipes?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I'd love to get into making some....I tried last time but they didn't really go baked or hard, they were just squidgey and moulded after a few days :oops::lol:

I'm trying to find some but everything is "cups" which I think was my issue last time, as it wasn't precise measurements so it all went wrong :oops:

it would give me something to do, but also if I ever got good enough, I'd love to set up a little shop and sell home made treats... it may never even take off but I really love the idea. I know how much store treats have so much "bad" in them, they're really not healthy even as meant as a treat. I'd just love it if I could perhaps provide my furries with a healthier alternative, and maybe even other UK buns.

Last edited:
Have a search in history on forum... I've shared my recipe a few times before.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I will have a look, thank you :thumb:

in the mean time I'm winging it and have some in the oven, completely "made up" recipe so to speak. I've written it down so heres to hoping it works out. I am not hopeful though lol

I'd love to get into making some....I tried last time but they didn't really go baked or hard, they were just squidgey and moulded after a few days :oops:[emoji38]

I'm trying to find some but everything is "cups" which I think was my issue last time, as it wasn't precise measurements so it all went wrong :oops:

it would give me something to do, but also if I ever got good enough, I'd love to set up a little shop and sell home made treats... it may never even take off but I really love the idea. I know how much store treats have so much "bad" in them, they're really not healthy even as meant as a treat. I'd just love it if I could perhaps provide my furries with a healthier alternative, and maybe even other UK buns.
I thought a cup was a measurement... I have a set of measuring cups.... Have I lost it? [emoji38][emoji38] I'm not much of a baker...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

My bunnies loved DaphnePhoebes hay cakes. They also love their mummys. I use pellet dust, dried forage (usually hawthorn leaves), fenugreek powder & to moisten it, a little grated pear, carrot & banana. Mould together & shape in to blobs . You have to bake then for a few hours on low. I hope Luna & Orion enjoy your efforts

I thought a cup was a measurement... I have a set of measuring cups.... Have I lost it? [emoji38][emoji38] I'm not much of a baker...

I am a baker but get grumpy at the mention of cups. I'm sure it is a measurement but how much is it? Drives me nuts.

I am a baker but get grumpy at the mention of cups. I'm sure it is a measurement but how much is it? Drives me nuts.
Well that's why I bought the cups! [emoji38][emoji38] So when a recipe is in cup measurements I'm all sorted! Hahaha for a while I was googling the conversions.. But they never turned out right.. Cups work great :D

Well that's why I bought the cups! [emoji38][emoji38] So when a recipe is in cup measurements I'm all sorted! Hahaha for a while I was googling the conversions.. But they never turned out right.. Cups work great :D

but is it the big cup, the small cup, the tiny one? Which? Are all cups the same size. I just got coffee cups & scales here

it’s a cup, but they all weigh different. a cup of strawberries weighs more than a cup of oats...

fbc87f6e1f3e0b305b083aa4bf29aa5a.jpg
983b43f21db2cc5dfbee53368427a34d.jpg

burgess pellet, banana and flour :)
there a bit squishy inside, but not too bad. will cook for longer next at the bottom of the oven :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it’s a cup, but they all weigh different. a cup of strawberries weighs more than a cup of oats...

fbc87f6e1f3e0b305b083aa4bf29aa5a.jpg
983b43f21db2cc5dfbee53368427a34d.jpg

burgess pellet, banana and flour :)
there a bit squishy inside, but not too bad. will cook for longer next at the bottom of the oven :)

Waaittt but isn't that the point, if the recipe needed a cup of oats or a cup of strawberries... That's what it needs? I don't think the weight it relevant when dealing with cups? [emoji38] It's just an amount needed of each ingredient...?

Also they look fab!

Waaittt but isn't that the point, if the recipe needed a cup of oats or a cup of strawberries... That's what it needs? I don't think the weight it relevant when dealing with cups? [emoji38] It's just an amount needed of each ingredient...?

Also they look fab!

it is, but I'm saying that there isn't a "conversion"

I don't like dealing with cubs, and a lot of the recipes I find are.. very vague. a handful of this, a handful of that. a cup of flour, a cup of whatever. I like exact gram measurements as last time I had cups I think it went wrong bc it was so vague and not precise

but thank you! I am happy with how they came out. now to use adjust and try making some other flavours :D

it is, but I'm saying that there isn't a "conversion"

I don't like dealing with cubs, and a lot of the recipes I find are.. very vague. a handful of this, a handful of that. a cup of flour, a cup of whatever. I like exact gram measurements as last time I had cups I think it went wrong bc it was so vague and not precise

but thank you! I am happy with how they came out. now to use adjust and try making some other flavours :D
Yea the conversion doesnt work imo. If you do a cups recipe you have to use the cups [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Idm things being a little vague I guess :) I'm not a cook tho!

Those treats look yummy for a bunny :love: I’m not a cook, but I’ve got a metal cup now to measure out if I do make anything with cups in the recipe. I found this article which is quite funny, and also gives some conversions from cups to weight, although it doesn’t include rabbit pellet food in the table, surprisingly enough:lol: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/equipment/dear-americans-fed-stupid-cup-measurements/

Personally I think having a cup for measuring everything in a recipe is a good idea, saves faffing measuring :thumb:

Cups are a US measurement, it seems so weird to us but it's how they do it over there, here's some handy conversions, although I have seen measuring cups in the UK, even in places like the Poundland type places. http://dish.allrecipes.com/cup-to-gram-conversions/ The only bunny recipe I have tried so far is making my own apple chips,I did them in the microwave and my boys were RABID for them, definitely a favourite, super easy and cost almost nothing!

Thanks for this thread! Have made some rabbit treats today using daphnephoebe’s recipe.

They have gone down very well [emoji16]

0a57b9565107d9ebf3e2fa39ca18f79b.jpg

9acd1685b6e59b5bf8a9652d774fbcd4.jpg

I have lots of forage scraps but the last time i made some they was disasterous! Those look nommy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Are there any treats I can make with pellets, apple, kale and mint? My boys are rapidly running out of exciting noms as we are trapped inside due to a storm!

Back