• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I need to catch up...

Toby

Banned
Gosh I really need to catch up here. Just got back from visiting family in Grimsby with Toby. The visit at the vets on Thur went great. He had his nails clipped and the vet had a good look in his eyes. He said there was no damage on the outside of his eyes but he put some eye-dye in his eyes followed by some eye cream “Fucithalmic” (poor Toby looked like kids had abused him with orange felt pens :lol: ). However the vets said it could be either DUST from wood shavings and the straw/hay so I need to buy the best quality there is or use shredded paper. OR it could be his teeth that have grown over the years and made a blockage. He did say he was NOT going to flush his eyes or do any sort of surgery, as Toby is too old. His eyes are still weepy (not as much) but over all his %100. :angel:

great news with Toby!
ha,you've only got to be away for a few hours before the page of 'view last posts' fills up! :lol: good luck catching up!
juliex

The vet could not believe he was 12! He sort of asked me "Do you know what the expected life limit is for a rabbit?" and I said about 8-9 (depending on the sex and if sprayed) and he said "8 years". He said "We can forgive Toby for having a runny eye at his age." I suppose he is lucky to only have a runny eye at his age, I was worried it was something worse. But it just looks like Toby doesn’t like my wood shavings :)
His also weighed at 2.3 kg - (his a medium sized bun).

Glad to hear Tobys eye is a bit better, at least you know what might be causing it. He is a great age!!
love your avatar by the way.

Awwwwww Bless - 12 Years young - I bet he's still a young Bunster at heart eh!! - Perhaps we should run a poll for the Forums Oldest Bunny Pensioner!! - Notice I said "BUNNY" as I'll have no intention of entering :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear all's going well for your Bunster.

Back