• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Does Maple need a dental?

The reason I thought dental was my bam used to stop drinking ( and eating ). Maple has a good appetite at the moment concerned though she is drinking half the amount she usually does. And obviously found the small poops and started to panic.

I think my brain might be in hyper drive I can't really think straight

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

She might like some brambles for tea - they are suppossed to be excellent for moulting buns & stasis buns. Hopefully post work poo check will reassure you and they'll be no more small & hairy ones

So I am on the "bun run" aka my lunch break and Custard is eating everything. Water has gone down loads. Lots of normal poops and always a few small ones too

With the moulting and small poops is it sensible to start bonding tomorrow or postpone?

So I am on the "bun run" aka my lunch break and Custard is eating everything. Water has gone down loads. Lots of normal poops and always a few small ones too

Ah I'm so glad :) tbh Clementine is a bit like this atm x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Brilliant news :thumb: Regarding the bonding, I'd see how she is this evening, but if there are lots of normal poos and just a few small ones, I'd be tempted to go ahead. I think you could argue it both ways though and others might be more cautious.

Brilliant news :thumb: Regarding the bonding, I'd see how she is this evening, but if there are lots of normal poos and just a few small ones, I'd be tempted to go ahead. I think you could argue it both ways though and others might be more cautious.
I agree :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Great news :D

I hope the bonding goes well when you decide to start it :)

If you would like any help on Saturday - another pair of eyes so you can go get something to eat/use the loo, I am not working at the moment?

If you would like any help on Saturday - another pair of eyes so you can go get something to eat/use the loo, I am not working at the moment?
Yes please Karen. I replied on the other thread (don't think you saw) but if I do start bonding tomorrow. Would you mind bunny sitting for a little while so we can go out and clear our minds a bit? It's ok if you don't want to xx

Yes please Karen. I replied on the other thread (don't think you saw) but if I do start bonding tomorrow. Would you mind bunny sitting for a little while so we can go out and clear our minds a bit? It's ok if you don't want to xx

I've been at work so didn't see your reply. Am happy to bunny sit on Saturday but am working tomorrow. Any time on Saturday is fine. I will bring my colouring which is a good bonding activity as it's quiet and frequent interruptions don't affect the final product. I have found when bonding my own buns that if I sit and watch them they become stressed whereas if I look like I am doing something and just happen to be in the same room as them, they relax more.

I've been at work so didn't see your reply. Am happy to bunny sit on Saturday but am working tomorrow. Any time on Saturday is fine. I will bring my colouring which is a good bonding activity as it's quiet and frequent interruptions don't affect the final product. I have found when bonding my own buns that if I sit and watch them they become stressed whereas if I look like I am doing something and just happen to be in the same room as them, they relax more.
That's really lovely Karen. Thank you xxx

Let me know what time suits you best. I will walk the dog I borrow at some point during the day too but that is entirely flexible.

Back