• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: 3 hand reared baby rabbits, lionhead x lop, can be split into pair and single or trio

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I have had these babies since they were around 10 days old. They were handed into the vets I used to work, unknown background but likely just an unexpected and unwanted litter. I did have four but sadly one died at 5 weeks old, post mortem suggests developmental gut problems. These 3 are now 8 weeks old and ready to find new loving homes, I would love to keep them but already have enough on my hands! They are named but of course names can be changed, and I named them before I sexed them so they don't really suit the genders! I will get them vet checked to confirm the gender, and I will also get them vaccinated whilst with me if the new owners would prefer this. I am happy for them to go as a trio or a pair/possibly all singles providing they will be bonded to an existing rabbit. I will also be requested pictures of accommodation as they are very special to me and deserve the best! Hand rearing rabbits is rarely successful so they have done so well to survive, they are all lovely and have their personalities and would make some one a very lovely companion. So we have:

Bigwig

Physical Description: Very fluffy, fawn colour with white paws.

Temperament: Mischievous! Bigwig is always first to the food bowl and will chew the bars and will let us know if the bowl is ever empty! Very active and keen to explore, is the most wriggly when being held but is fine being picked up when necessary. Always binkying round the cage!

Sex: Female

Neuter Status: Not done yet but needs to be spayed at 6 months.

Vaccination Status: Vaccinated against Myxo/RHD1. Booked in for RHD2.

Health: No health problems known.

Type of home wanted: Lot's of space, with a neutered male friend or one of her siblings. Indoor or outdoor. Needs to be groomed daily, bits of hay and the odd poop does get stuck in her fur so she needs to be checked at least twice a day to make sure her coat is clean.

Reason for rehoming: I only took them in to hand rear them.

IMG_20180902_231940837_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

Rabbits by Hliz, on Flickr

38435754_243762409794350_6592860514022326272_n by Hliz, on Flickr

Blackavar

Physical description: Fluffy, lop/helicopter ears, grey with white nose

Temperament: The most laid back, easy to handle and will sit and enjoy being stroked

Sex: Male

Neuter status: Not neutered yet

Vaccination status: Same as above

Health: No health problems known

Type of home wanted: As above, he is slightly less fluffy than Bigwig and doesn't get bits stuck in his fur as often but new owners will need to keep an eye on his coat

Reason for rehoming: As above

IMG_20180902_231628100_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20180828_101814953_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

rabbits5 by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20180825_005052034_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

Hazel

Physical description: Not long haired like the others but very soft, fawn, helicopter ears

Temperament: Very friendly, easy to handle, will also enjoy a stroke but keen to explore

Sex: Male

Neuter status: Not done as of yet, can be done once developed/roughly 4 months plus

Vaccination status: Same as above

Health: No health problems known

Type of home wanted: As above, doesn't need particular grooming as not long haired

Reason for rehoming: As above

IMG_20180902_232247094_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

IMG_20180902_232051111_LL by Hliz, on Flickr

39878878_1794247457338902_6276481867105435648_n by Hliz, on Flickr

38612304_223578481634891_8312290597268357120_n by Hliz, on Flickr

Some baby photos:

Baby buns 1 by Hliz, on Flickr

rabbits3 by Hliz, on Flickr

I am asking £25 per rabbit or £40 if they go as a pair or trio; this will be in the form of a donation to Honeybunnies Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue. If owners would prefer them to have their vaccines started already I would like an additional £20 donation towards the vaccine please. They are all very good hay eaters and are currently eating burgess excel junior pellets, since they have been hand reared they are more prone to digestive upset so any change in diet needs to be done very slowly so they would need to stay on these pellets until they are settled from moving to new homes. They have not had any other foods and veg can't be introduced until 4 months old and this needs to be done very slowly. Although they do seem strong to have survived being away from their mother so young and I moved house a few weeks ago and they weren't phased by the journey etc, they also don't seem bothered by noises such as hoovering. If I can help with any questions please ask, I can provide more photos and will always be available for advice throughout their lives and happy to take them back if ever any circumstances change. I just want the best for these babies! :)

Last edited:
Thank you both. Hazel is lovely, he's a good mix between friendly and enjoys being stroked/handled but not too needy and still happy to be off exploring etc :)

I've updated the first post, they have all been vet checked and Blackavar (little grey bunny) is actually a boy! The other genders are correct. They have had their nobivac vaccine and in two weeks are booked in for RHD2. They were very well behaved, Bigwig was quite wriggly when the needle went in though!

Hazel

IMG_20181002_115433951 by Hliz, on Flickr

Blackavar

IMG_20181002_115453198 by Hliz, on Flickr

Bigwig (and Blackavar!)

IMG_20181002_115508192 by Hliz, on Flickr

Thank you :love: I'm very happy (but also sad as I have really fallen for Hazel :oops:) to say the two boys have an offer of a lovely home. It has been very hard as they have had quite a bit of interest from elsewhere but sadly accommodation kept falling short or rabbit knowledge, not willing to vaccine etc. But some one has come along with a fab hutch and set up, great bunny knowledge and they even buy the same Ings hay as me form hay for pets :lol: The new owner and I both know boys need a close eye keeping on them but they will be neutered together as soon as they're ready and Hazel and Blackavar get on really well atm so I think they will be fine together in this set up :)

Thank you :love: I'm very happy (but also sad as I have really fallen for Hazel :oops:) to say the two boys have an offer of a lovely home. It has been very hard as they have had quite a bit of interest from elsewhere but sadly accommodation kept falling short or rabbit knowledge, not willing to vaccine etc. But some one has come along with a fab hutch and set up, great bunny knowledge and they even buy the same Ings hay as me form hay for pets :lol: The new owner and I both know boys need a close eye keeping on them but they will be neutered together as soon as they're ready and Hazel and Blackavar get on really well atm so I think they will be fine together in this set up :)

This is great news :thumb: I had two brothers who had a very close bond, so fingers crossed they will be fine. I hope that Bigwig gets a lovely new home soon too :thumb:

Back