• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our beautiful Toby

Loobers, I'm thinking of you. It is a month already since I lost Benjamin and I am still so sad and miss him so much but the shock lessens and that helps. I know that feeling of being hit every time it comes into your mind, which is all day at first, but I think this is partly the mind learning to deal with the shock. All of us who have bunny shaped holes in our hearts are feeling for you. All the best xxx

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I love you so much Toby. I'm so sorry, I really tried to make your heart better. I love you, I don't want to go home when I know you won't be there to great me
bc185a515dff097e15187d2932e683be.jpg
9bd93d5818f678ad1c8eeb48b9dc50b6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

My heart goes out to you so much, I know those feelingsadly so well. It's been a year since I lost Oliver also to a devastating stroke sudden. I miss him sooo so much every day and all my buns. The pain you are going through is so terrible. Toby knows you tried so hard for him .Hugs x

My heart goes out to you so much, I know those feelingsadly so well. It's been a year since I lost Oliver also to a devastating stroke sudden. I miss him sooo so much every day and all my buns. The pain you are going through is so terrible. Toby knows you tried so hard for him .Hugs x
I am so sorry you had to go through that too. I keep going over things in my head like If I treated his stasis at home he still be here, all these different scenarios. I feel like I really let him down

Lucy - you most certainly didn't let Toby down. You were there for him - you filled his whole world with love, care, affection, happiness. You gave him the very best of lives that he lived and lived to the fullest. Toby knew he was loved and safe with you and your family. And as their keepers, that is all we can strive to do - and you constantly kept loving and giving for toby (and Maple and Dennis). I am sure that Toby knew that - in his rabbit way. Our rabbits give us the most wonderful memories and they allow us to share their lives and they fill our lives with their presence. We all lose a piece of our heart when our rabbits say goodbye.
Like you, I relive the moment that we lost Ben a year ago, and I would give anything to share time with him again. But please be assured that you did not let Toby down in any way. You are a champion of rabbits and someone who cares about them in a very special and unique way.
Continuing to send you hugs. x

Lucy - you most certainly didn't let Toby down. You were there for him - you filled his whole world with love, care, affection, happiness. You gave him the very best of lives that he lived and lived to the fullest. Toby knew he was loved and safe with you and your family. And as their keepers, that is all we can strive to do - and you constantly kept loving and giving for toby (and Maple and Dennis). I am sure that Toby knew that - in his rabbit way. Our rabbits give us the most wonderful memories and they allow us to share their lives and they fill our lives with their presence. We all lose a piece of our heart when our rabbits say goodbye.
Like you, I relive the moment that we lost Ben a year ago, and I would give anything to share time with him again. But please be assured that you did not let Toby down in any way. You are a champion of rabbits and someone who cares about them in a very special and unique way.
Continuing to send you hugs. x

This, absolutely this. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Joe always said: "if Toby was a child, he would be that child that would go missing on a school trip, have a whole search and rescue squad out. Helicopters every where. Only to be found in the local chippy having a pea fritter."

We have had so much fun
c0a46b1d4f34bb834eec7fdb5f010185.jpg
fc03eacff2d16e8b40ec56a6716b61b2.jpg
a3e0e6929a0903c0f02bcee03a300479.jpg
cab08d0dc12c924659cd6477739d7162.jpg
9271799e650152f462f7b4324b12e08c.jpg
fdf58089c3a6db1e2bbd02ddc70faa8b.jpg

Pea fritter and a pineapple ring. What a cool bunny, always one hop ahead. That first photo is wonderful (& reminds of "I will be dealing with him.." on RWSA). They are all super photogenic. I was wondering if you'd send me that photo of the boys on their hollibobs as I think I emptied inbox without thought xxx

Pea fritter and a pineapple ring. What a cool bunny, always one hop ahead. That first photo is wonderful (& reminds of "I will be dealing with him.." on RWSA). They are all super photogenic. I was wondering if you'd send me that photo of the boys on their hollibobs as I think I emptied inbox without thought xxx
Everyone's going to know the weird things we get up to!
3e0cd573cf4d05d467d08e198ad543f0.jpg
3a6bc59a237fb3ebcf26124aa0d3e452.jpg

Toby laughs will continue. He's left behind enough memories to keep us going a good while yet. Some things never stop being funny xx

Toby surf-sploofing :love: and sunbathing with his buddies. I love those photos, you're very clever

Did Toby ever eat anything he shouldn't whilst adventuring - other than the remote control buttons?

Toby surf-sploofing :love: and sunbathing with his buddies. I love those photos, you're very clever

Did Toby ever eat anything he shouldn't whilst adventuring - other than the remote control buttons?
No. Only a piece of dust pan rubber when I was cleaning him out and a piece of cactus on the window seal. Both events very stressful. The house was always on lock down after then including various "tipper gates" around the kitchen and utility incase he got hold of the fridge freezer wires etc. I am a party pooper

No. Only a piece of dust pan rubber when I was cleaning him out and a piece of cactus on the window seal. Both events very stressful. The house was always on lock down after then including various "tipper gates" around the kitchen and utility incase he got hold of the fridge freezer wires etc. I am a party pooper

Thats really very controlled of Tipper Tapper. Did he have a thing for rubber then? Joey never chews now but a week after we got him we came down in the morning, wheres Joey? He then burst through the tv cabinet doors & had chewed everything right up to the wall. Bob salvaged enough wire to reconnect us but we could only ever get channel 4 for the year (in a house with no www, phoneline or mobile connection). Clever Joey got lots of attention that year

Thats really very controlled of Tipper Tapper. Did he have a thing for rubber then? Joey never chews now but a week after we got him we came down in the morning, wheres Joey? He then burst through the tv cabinet doors & had chewed everything right up to the wall. Bob salvaged enough wire to reconnect us but we could only ever get channel 4 for the year (in a house with no www, phoneline or mobile connection). Clever Joey got lots of attention that year

Oooh- that's an awesome story. My bridge bun Sam (Georgina's old ex before Ben) almost killed me one day. We had a chest freezer in the garage and one day I noticed the wires had been 'rabbified' by Sam (he had a habit of running behind it). Goodness knows how he didn't get zapped but that delight fell to me. Being of low intelligence and colour blind to boot, stupid me saw the exposed wires and thought "oh, I'd better sort that before someone gets hurt" and so with one hand on the metal back plate and standing in a pool of water, I grabbed the wires.
I remember a bright blue flash and I woke up in a different part of the garage and decided, after if stopped shaking, to switch the power off before sorting the wires out. That's one of my nine lives gone...

Oooh- that's an awesome story. My bridge bun Sam (Georgina's old ex before Ben) almost killed me one day. We had a chest freezer in the garage and one day I noticed the wires had been 'rabbified' by Sam (he had a habit of running behind it). Goodness knows how he didn't get zapped but that delight fell to me. Being of low intelligence and colour blind to boot, stupid me saw the exposed wires and thought "oh, I'd better sort that before someone gets hurt" and so with one hand on the metal back plate and standing in a pool of water, I grabbed the wires.
I remember a bright blue flash and I woke up in a different part of the garage and decided, after if stopped shaking, to switch the power off before sorting the wires out. That's one of my nine lives gone...

indeed. The bloke who did our RSPCA homecheck said bunnies don't hurt themselves chewing live electrical wires as their fur protects them somehow - allows currents to travel through & out. I'm not sure if thats true

BinkyC and Boobly I have your cards. They made me sob my eyes out, thank you so much xxx

Back