• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

As requested! More goat pictures!

Zoobec

Staff member
Finally, I got around to taking more goat pictures! It’s hard to take photos of them because they want to be really close up to you :lol: and Charlie in particular wants cuddles :love:

Charlie,getting as close as he can
rVfw8YT.jpg

Charlie again
RpsDKHt.jpg

Lola to the left, Pickle (mum) in the middle, Charlie to the right
VQdPWCv.jpg

I managed to get one of all three :love:
J024wE9.jpg

Pickle left, Lola to the right :love:, and Charlie is in my face :lol:
C1JFqHa.jpg

Their faces are really beautiful and so expressive :) How lovely too that they want cuddles :love:

Their faces are really beautiful and so expressive :) How lovely too that they want cuddles:love:

Yes :love: sometimes it looks like they are smiling:love: Charlie always wants cuddles :love: Lola sometimes just wants strokes, and I’m so pleased that Pickle now trusts me enough for strokes and cuddles, she was a very nervous goat when I got her! it was only possible to touch her if she had her head in a bucket of food then.

I love them, such sweeties :love:

out of curiosity, why do they have a collar on? :) or that's what it looks like - but I'm somewhat "blind" in a metaphorical sense, my eyes are terrible :lol:

I love them, such sweeties :love:

out of curiosity, why do they have a collar on? :) or that's what it looks like - but I'm somewhat "blind" in a metaphorical sense, my eyes are terrible :lol:

Yes, they do have collars on. When they need handling it’s easier if they have collars on. And it’s not unheard of for them to try to get into the garden, by squeezing past you when you go through the gate :lol: so then they need returning to their bit, which is easier on a collar and lead rein! And sometimes you can take hold of their collar as they try to squish past, to stop their escape! Just like a dog would wear a collar really :thumb:

Yes, they do have collars on. When they need handling it’s easier if they have collars on. And it’s not unheard of for them to try to get into the garden, by squeezing past you when you go through the gate :lol: so then they need returning to their bit, which is easier on a collar and lead rein! And sometimes you can take hold of their collar as they try to squish past, to stop their escape! Just like a dog would wear a collar really :thumb:

that makes a lot of sense, thank you :) I figured it might be for easier handling, but I also wondered if they had a little tag on in case of being lost :lol: they are very sweet :love: I do love goats, they're always my go to at any farm

that makes a lot of sense, thank you :) I figured it might be for easier handling, but I also wondered if they had a little tag on in case of being lost :lol: they are very sweet :love: I do love goats, they're always my go to at any farm

I should put tags on them :lol: as they are very tame anyway it’s not like they are difficult to handle, but if they haven’t got collars on I’ve found it’s a lot more difficult to catch them. You can’t grab them by the horns - or shouldn’t, because they would hate that. If they do get out it’s easier to grab them :lol:

Charlie and Lola have got so big now!

Do you know how Pumpkin is doing in his new herd life now? :)

I know, they are about the same size as Pickle now, but not as chunky.

Pumpkin is doing well, he’s really happy with his new friends. His new owner is besotted with him. It was a very difficult decision to rehome him, but it was best for him, and best for my others too. They are much more relaxed now :love:

Back