Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gingebread very soft squidgy mess of poo everytime he has grass,greenery etc

Quote Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
    Hi Sammy&Patch - I feel your frustration.. my bunny Spartacus has the same issues. On the plus side Spartacus has been way better (over a year stasis free until a blip last week) since I put him on the diet recommended by the experts here... hay (multiple types), dried forage, small amounts of herbs, pellets and grass (in summer) - so there are measures that can be taken. Spartacus was ultrasensitive to spring greens, apple rabbit treats and readigrass.

It's a restrictive diet (for both my bunnies) but they are happy and well on it.. so it was definitely worth the switch ! A few times before the dietary change Spartacus was uncomfortable, stopped eating and required vet intervention so it can escalate and that's always a bit scary. Sparty clearly has a predisposition to dysbiosis and has had a few 'soft episodes' like yours over the summer (even on the restrictive diet, possibly due to changes in hay batches).. so I think these bunnies will always need extra vigilance.

Like Leannean27's bunny it can be difficult to identify the causative agents but sounds like you have a few likely candidates you can eliminate.
    Hi, sorry your bunny is also having problems :-( I am going to try small amounts of different things and record what his poos are like and try to find what he can be ok eating. I hope I find something as he really loves his food!!!

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy&Patch View Post
    Hi, sorry your bunny is also having problems :-( I am going to try small amounts of different things and record what his poos are like and try to find what he can be ok eating. I hope I find something as he really loves his food!!!
    Good luck Sammy&Patch - one of the things I love about bunnies is how much they love their food .. hopefully you will find something that works for him psychologically and healthwise