• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving on to stage 2!

lizziesos999

Young Bun
As promised here is the update on Clover and her new friend, Sunny who we got from a rescue after Benjamin passed away. Clover and Benjamin bonded easily as they were babies, but this time was a bit different! They were ok in our hallway, which was our safe neutral space, but Clover was very territorial in the run. I had to divide it at first as she kept chasing Sunny and biting fur from his bottom. They have been spending some time every day together in the run and and finally they are getting on ok. The rescue told me to bring him back if it didn't work, but he is so friendly and licks my face like a puppy when I pick him up, so I can't possibly do that! I am taking it slowly, but the next thing is to get them to spend the night together. I am going to give them a new home, as we needed one anyway, so good timing - all neutral. I will just let them have half of it for a while with nothing previously owned inside and if all is well they can have all of it. I will see how they are in it during the day before I let them stay together all night, but I will still be nervous. Any stage 2 tips will be gratefully received!
73f2184bc704fe9a52a19584c5d128fe.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I am pleased they have started to get along better. They look good together. I am wondering if it would be better to put them both straight in their new home together rather than splitting it in 2, as that might encourage your girl to think that half is "hers". Good luck with whichever way you decide.

Thank you tonibun. I was going to put them together in the smaller area when their new home is ready and then increase it if all ok, but anyway that doesn't matter now as Clover has taken matters into her own paws! She burst her way into Sunny's half and the two of them were grooming eachother like they'd been together for years! I cleaned her half thoroughly and opened the whole thing up and watched. The two of them explored and everything was fine. Fingers crossed they stay that way. I'm going to try and get some sleep now! [emoji53][emoji1696]

Thank you, yes the buns are ok and I will be building their new home tomorrow, so hopefully they will be very happy. [emoji847]

Back