• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Trying to get gut stasis bun to eat

Thanks for the advice everyone. We went back today and the vet advised that he has an emergency dental, because there is some soreness in the mouth but it was too hard to see the extent of it without him being put under.

I trust that my vet knows what he's doing and hope that the best course of action is being taken. More good vibes appreciated as I am of course very worried!

Vibes on their way.

I hope Ham recovers quickly from the dental :)

Thank you everyone!

Our boy is on the way back home - apparently the teeth which weren't visible were the worst, but now they've been filed he's eating again. We've been instructed to keep him inside overnight - I assume I should bring in Bea and Plumps too keep him company? We'll keep him in our bedroom which is nice and big.

Thank you everyone!

Our boy is on the way back home - apparently the teeth which weren't visible were the worst, but now they've been filed he's eating again. We've been instructed to keep him inside overnight - I assume I should bring in Bea and Plumps too keep him company? We'll keep him in our bedroom which is nice and big.

I am glad to read that Ham has recovered well from his Dental. I am sure that he'd appreciate having his friends with him indoors overnight. It may mean a sleepless night for you though !!

Thank you everyone!

Great news :D

I'm glad it's been sorted out swiftly and hopefully won't give you any more worries (or not for a long time!)

Yes you should bring the others in and they can all play and keep you awake :shock:

Great news :D

I'm glad it's been sorted out swiftly and hopefully won't give you any more worries (or not for a long time!)

Yes you should bring the others in and they can all play and keep you awake :shock:

:lol:

Glad you bunny is on the road to recovery, it's such a relief isn't it!

Yes, bring his pals in as they'll have missed him and it'll help with the bond, plus he may smell funny after being at the vet so getting them all together again asap will be fab. It will also do him the power of good and aid his recovery :).

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

I'm pleased to say that Hamilton has been looking much better since he got back from his dental. He has been eating and pooping and running around. We were advised to keep them in overnight, and our bedroom is the most secure/bunproof room in the house, so it had to do. Let's just say I got woken up 5 times to bunny 'galloping' sounds on the carpet, very loud hay munching courtesy of Beatrice, not to mention our cat who isn't usually allowed to sleep in our room getting in on all of the bunny antics :lol:

20180915_073214 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

We have a post-op checkup at 9.30 this morning too :)

I’m so glad he is back home and recovering so well :thumb: they can be so noisy :lol:

Thanks tonibun and Zoobec! Just discovered that OH's phone charger got bitten in half too. They're back outside now luckily :lol:

Back