Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Leg paralysis, seizures, eye watering

Wise Old Thumper

I am sorry to hear about your rabbit. It is so difficult at times to know exactly what is wrong and you and your Vet seem to be doing all you can for him. I have just read through all the posts but unfortunately can't be of any help. It is a pity your Vet is reluctant to try Penicillin injections but you can't force her. Perhaps he has a brain tumour? I am very sorry you are in this sad position.

Iím so sorry to see your latest update, Iím so sorry that your wife is struggling with her health too sending lots of vibes.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by TiminMB View Post
    We've been doing Metacam, had him on baytril for a couple of long spells, did panacur for 30 plus days. Unfortunately our vet, while she comes highly recommended, doesn't seem to have the same treatment ideas that you people seem to have. The buprenorphine seems to have had some effect, I saw him get up twice now. I gave it to him around 2 1/2 hours ago. Must be a pain issue if that's helping him. He sleeps a lot, but is still very loving and responsive. He wants his treats and he want to get out of his cage and visit.

I'll give the vet a call this afternoon. Unfortunately my wife has grave health issues that we are also dealing with, so we are off to the oncologist for the afternoon.

I'm so sorry that the news isn't better, and also that your wife has such serious health issues.
    What a lot to deal with

Hugs and vibes for you x

I am so sorry that you are in this situation with your bunny at the same time you are dealing with your wife's health issues.
    Your bunny is loving and responsive, and still wants to get treats and visit so try to enjoy each day.
    Sending you, your bunny, and your wife many positive thoughts for a good result.

Young Bun

Thanks. My wife received good news at the oncologist visit, her cancer is stable. As for my poor bunny, I am considering trying a different vet, but it might be too late as his condition has deteriorated a fair bit in the last 3 days. He can barely stand up any more and 90% of the time can't get back up after falling down in his cage. Its cruel to leave him struggling to get up, and I can't be there for him 24 hours a day. I have a call in to his existing vet to ask about options.
    Last edited by TiminMB; 05-12-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Young Bun

Vet called. She is getting in the injectable penicillin. We are going to give it a try. It seems to me that his leg paralysis that started about a year ago, coincided with his sensitivity or irritation around the base of his ears. Maybe there is a connection?

Vet called. She is getting in the injectable penicillin. We are going to give it a try. It seems to me that his leg paralysis that started about a year ago, coincided with his sensitivity or irritation around the base of his ears. Maybe there is a connection?

I'm so glad your vet has agreed to try the injectable penicillin

Firstly I am glad to hear that your wife's condition is stable, my friend's husband received similar news from his Oncologist yesterday too

I do hope that the Penicillin injections bring about some improvement for your Bunny. I guess it is a case of trying it and holding on to hope. Please update us when you can x

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF)- The UK'S biggest and best organisation for Rabbit lovers

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Rabbit Health and Diseases, a list of useful online information

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

Myxomatosis, RHD1 and RHD2- VACCINATION IS ESSENTIAL

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560

It is likely that your bunny was unable to clean his own ears due to his leg paralysis. It is good to hear your vet had a change of heart and will try the injectable penicillin.
    It was comforting to hear your wife got some positive news at the oncologist.

I’m glad your wife had good news from the oncologist, and I hope that the injectable penicillin helps your rabbit. Topping up the vibes

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx