Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Leg paralysis, seizures, eye watering

Quote Originally Posted by TiminMB View Post
    He is doing really well today. He can get up, and it appears he is eating and drinking during the night. I just gave him antibiotic shot number 2. Went much easier than my practice injection at the vet's office. I was kind of nervous when I did it. This one went easy, and he didn't react at all to it. I put him in a tall box on a table to give him the injection, so that he couldn't go anywhere, and would be stable and at a comfortable height for me to work on him. I did the subcutaneous injection around the area of the loose skin of his shoulders. Pinched up a big fold, inserted the needle fully at 45 degrees, drew back to make sure I hadn't hit a blood vessel, then did the injection.

After I put him down on the floor, he did a full lap of the living room. Something I haven't seen him do in a month. He is definitely improving, but that started before the antibiotic injections. Perhaps its the increased buprenorphine, although he didn't get any this morning because no one was around to hold him while I put some in his mouth. What ever is working, I am blessed that he is mobile again. Without mobility, he has no quality of life.

Wow, this is wonderful news

Well done you for your injection technique as well!

Wise Old Thumper

This is really wonderful news
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk