Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stasis back: Spartacus

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Pete View Post
    I'm no expert by any means but black berry leaves are easy to identify can you get any Apple branches my Pete loves stripping the bark off or hawthorn hope this helps good luck and hope he's ok
    thanks Mista Pete - he loves apple branches will google the others and see what can be rustled up..

I am sorry to hear the stasis has returned. How stressful

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I am sorry to hear the stasis has returned. How stressful

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Thanks loobers - he's absolutely fine just now - his guts are still playing up but he's eating well and being his normal self. Just all a bit unpredictable

Wise Old Thumper

I have one rabbit who cannot stomach the new hay, so he has last years and from a different place where their hay is very coarse. He also cannot have carrot although he loves it, but the next morning he will have made a mess, also broccoli, and he has 1/2 the amount of pellets that the rest have. Kept on this regime he is fine 99% of the time. I feel a little sorry for him though. Does Spartacus get about 1 tbsp. of SS as not sure what 15 gms looks like? Maybe with the new hay etc it is too much.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I have one rabbit who cannot stomach the new hay, so he has last years and from a different place where their hay is very coarse. He also cannot have carrot although he loves it, but the next morning he will have made a mess, also broccoli, and he has 1/2 the amount of pellets that the rest have. Kept on this regime he is fine 99% of the time. I feel a little sorry for him though. Does Spartacus get about 1 tbsp. of SS as not sure what 15 gms looks like? Maybe with the new hay etc it is too much.

hi tonibun - thanks ... it does sound like our bunnies have a lot in common

1tbsp SS is pretty much 15g ... total pellet removal is something i've never tried as i feel it's the only thing he gets (apart from galen's garden forage) that he gets excited about ( I know exactly what you mean when you feel a bit sorry for yours) and it allows me to monitor how he's feeling throughout a day (disinterest=red flag) . .. he gets his 15g split between first thing and last thing feeds with a few throughout the day so not all in one dose (and little opportunity for stealing his wingbun's share). I could try reducing amount if you think worth a try ?

The changes recommended by Forum experts last year have made such a difference to his life (and mine) with regular stasis scares a thing of the past .. maybe i just need to be more careful within his modified diet and assume nothing (e.g. different hay batches) is safe for him and introduce more gradually?

Wise Old Thumper

It might be the hay is very rich being this year's, together with grass, all adding up to too much carbohydrate. My rabbit doesn't get 1 tbsp. pellets, more like 1/2 tbsp. as he just can't tolerate that much. Maybe 10 g, see how he is then. Poor bunnies. Mine doesn't even have a friend to cuddle up with. I did try to bond him with Madam Sophie but she was very aggressive.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    It might be the hay is very rich being this year's, together with grass, all adding up to too much carbohydrate. My rabbit doesn't get 1 tbsp. pellets, more like 1/2 tbsp. as he just can't tolerate that much. Maybe 10 g, see how he is then. Poor bunnies. Mine doesn't even have a friend to cuddle up with. I did try to bond him with Madam Sophie but she was very aggressive.
    Thanks - worth a try - his ration has been duly reduced (I've told him it was your idea but since you provided me with encouragement to continue with his (very successful) bonding (when it seemed hopeless) - I figure he will realise that on balance he owes you )
    Last edited by Griffski; 17-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
    Thanks - worth a try - his ration has been duly reduced (I've told him it was your idea but since you provided me with encouragement to continue with his (very successful) bonding (when it seemed hopeless) - I figure he will realise that on balance he owes you )