• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessi - Dog

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Just over two years ago my friend Nicky introduced me to Jessi (a dog who belonged to her friend) and I became Jessi's new dog walker. As the months went by I became good friends with her lovely owner and the family too.

Jessi was a difficult dog to begin with, she didn't like me much and refused to walk. It took many months before she became confident to go out with me. I introduced her to another dog I walked, Jasper. And Jasper fell instantly in love with her! They went out to the field for a run every day and Jasper cherished his time with her, constantly licking her face and following her everywhere. They were perfect for each other.

Jessi was an old girl, set in her ways and had no time for drama. She was very intelligent and brilliant at emotional blackmail to get treats. She barked on command and made some hilarious noises when she wanted attention. Despite being old, she had sudden bursts of puppy in her, zooming around the fields, leaping and playing ball. Most of all she loved to sit high on the hills in Surrey, just watching the world going by.

She was loved by so many! She had a great life and spent many hours a week running through the woods with her dog and human friends.

Sadly she was diagnosed with lymphoma a few months ago and deteriorated very quickly. She passed away on Friday evening with her human family by her side. They are understandably devastated by the loss, as am I and I know Jasper would be too. He tried to walk me down her road to collect her for a walk today and it broke my heart.

Jessi you were a wonderful, crazy old lady and we all loved you immensely. You were so particular and stubborn but so kind and loving. I'll never forget how happy it made me to see you come out of your shell and come running down the garden wagging your tail, happy to see me. Jasper is going to miss his best friend and we're going to miss you so much too. Rest peacefully Jessi

Jessi was clearly a much loved friend to many and I am sure she will be greatly missed. Your photos show that she was a very beautiful girl

20Fdxer.jpg

Jgujjx5.jpg

f5pNLd9.jpg

SVzMu2l.jpg

ANiogLi.jpg

veWILuU.jpg

iAraCY7.jpg

RIP Jessi xx

hJZE0WT.jpg

I’m so sorry you lost your special friend, she was gorgeous:love: run free at the bridge Jessi xx

Sorry for your loss. I hope Jasper will be ok and I especially liked the photo of Jessi in the snow. RIP Jessi. x

What a beautiful tribute to Jessi, and I love the photographs. You will miss her and poor Jasper will be feeling very lost without her.:cry:

What a gorgeous dog, so sorry to hear this and am touched to read about the impact she had on you (and Jasper). Love the pic of her with the snowy face, so sweet. Rest in peace little pup.

I am so sorry for your loss :cry: what a beautiful dog and just lovely photo's of her.

Run free forever at the Bridge Jessi all well again xxxx

Back