• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nethie settling in

Elop

Warren Scout
Hi, how long should I leave the new nethie to settle into his crate before allowing him free roam and to start taking? He is a very different bunny to Charles and I need to put work in to get his trust. We didn’t need to do this with Charlie, he loved ya instantly and was never scared of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, how long should I leave the new nethie to settle into his crate before allowing him free roam and to start taking? He is a very different bunny to Charles and I need to put work in to get his trust. We didn’t need to do this with Charlie, he loved ya instantly and was never scared of us.

Hey Elop.

Nethies are very flighty and do take a long time to trust and get uses to noises. We spent a lot of time sat on the floor with our buns and learning what makes them skittish.

We left ours in their pen for quite a while, before we let them out and then slowly acclimatised them for longer and longer sessions free range.

Maybe leave him for a week or two and see how he seems and if you leave the door open he will come out when he's ready.....

Our buns still scatter if they hear something scary like a microwave "ping" or a doorbell. But gunfire on the tv is totally acceptable. Hahaha.

Hope this helps. They really do have fantastic characters once they trust you.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hey Elop.

Nethies are very flighty and do take a long time to trust and get uses to noises. We spent a lot of time sat on the floor with our buns and learning what makes them skittish.

We left ours in their pen for quite a while, before we let them out and then slowly acclimatised them for longer and longer sessions free range.

Maybe leave him for a week or two and see how he seems and if you leave the door open he will come out when he's ready.....

Our buns still scatter if they hear something scary like a microwave "ping" or a doorbell. But gunfire on the tv is totally acceptable. Hahaha.

Hope this helps. They really do have fantastic characters once they trust you.

That’s great thank you. I’ve left his pen open in my room and he comes out and has a play about. This evening I lay on my bed watching you tube and had him on the bed but I just ignored him and stayed still. I put some greens out for him (only a little) and he ate them. He made his way over to my hand and let me stroke his head. Then he hopped off for more greens so this is better progress than I had hoped.

That’s great thank you. I’ve left his pen open in my room and he comes out and has a play about. This evening I lay on my bed watching you tube and had him on the bed but I just ignored him and stayed still. I put some greens out for him (only a little) and he ate them. He made his way over to my hand and let me stroke his head. Then he hopped off for more greens so this is better progress than I had hoped.

Sounds really good! Just keep doing the same and he will soon be settled. Ignoring them works really well.

Sounds really good! Just keep doing the same and he will soon be settled. Ignoring them works really well.

He is sat with me right now getting strokes [emoji170]

Not sure why the photos didn’t upload. Will try again. He ended up sitting with me for strokes for about twenty minutes
f973b0706aa0478fbf89638cb74eda33.jpg
b3e004a17a6b5c77e033991ac1f01030.jpg
a03ea537e050db82b761ebe14364b4a6.jpg

Back