• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hide house

Josie21

New Kit
Our boy and girl baby buns are being neutered this week. I would like to give them a little hidey house to rest in while they recover and I would just like one for enrichment etc.
They have a 8ft by 3ft shed (currently partitioned) and will have permanent access to 8ft run once they're in together after they're neutered.
I've seen some hide houses on eBay and before I buy, wondered if there is a minimum size if on they're on their own or sharing or does it not matter sibce they are only having them inside the she'd and not confined?
Thank you.

Good luck with the operations :thumb: I don’t think it matters how big it is so long as it’s big enough for them to get in together, as they aren’t going to be shut in it. When I had a group outside, they liked their hidey box they had in their shed and used to like jumping on and off it.

As long as they are happy to use it, the size doesn't matter too much as they are just using it as a nesting box in the shed. Mine seem to prefer a small hutch rather than a hide as it is a bit bigger. The main door can be removed, and the legs keep them out of draughts from the floor. It also gives them something to jump on top of or crawl under.

Back