• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Honey’s results Update p68

Honey has been kept in for a dental because there seems to be something wrong with one of her back teeth. She’s getting X-rays and her bladder checked while she is there. Unfortunately she’s lost more weight, although she eats all her food. She hasn’t been too good with her hay lately so I don’t know if that has caused the loss.

Sending lots of vibes for her dental, I hope it goes smoothly and she makes a quick recovery xx

The vet has just phoned. Honey is through the dental and just coming round. The vet had to remove one of the back teeth (I forgot why :oops:) and there was a lot of infection and ulceration around it. The scan on her bladder was clear.

I’ll get more details on what exactly was happening when I collect her later.

The vet has just phoned. Honey is through the dental and just coming round. The vet had to remove one of the back teeth (I forgot why :oops:) and there was a lot of infection and ulceration around it. The scan on her bladder was clear.

I’m glad her bladder was clear. I hope she recovers well now the tooth has been removed, I imagine it is very painful with the infection and ulceration:cry: hopefully she will be given painkiller and antibiotics to get her comfortable. Perhaps that’s why she has lost weight, if it’s been sore but they hide it so well.

Topping up the vibes xx

Oh poor girlie :cry: I hope that she will recover well from the GA and that the Vet will provide good ongoing analgesic cover for her as well as abx for the infection xx

I’m glad her bladder was clear. I hope she recovers well now the tooth has been removed, I imagine it is very painful with the infection and ulceration:cry: hopefully she will be given painkiller and antibiotics to get her comfortable. Perhaps that’s why she has lost weight, if it’s been sore but they hide it so well.

Topping up the vibes xx

I agree with Zoobec.

Analgesia and antibiotics - I hope you get them for her xx

Oh, I'm glad she's through it. I hope she'll be feeling better soon. Keeping vibes going for her full and swift recovery. xxxx

She’s home! Very quiet so far but she’s not long back. The tooth was removed because it was loose. It had also been rubbing on her cheek for some time causing the cheek to thicken. There were some ulcers too but no infection. The vet is going to get in touch with D1ck vet to update them and send them copies of the X-rays.

The X-rays also showed that some of the tooth roots were perhaps a bit elongated and that there is still a problem with Honey’s lungs.

We go back in 2 weeks, unless she isn’t eating or I’m concerned about her. She has her usual metacam, tramadol, gabapentin and ranitidine as well as emeprid.

She’s home! Very quiet so far but she’s not long back. The tooth was removed because it was loose. It had also been rubbing on her cheek for some time causing the cheek to thicken. There were some ulcers too but no infection. The vet is going to get in touch with D1ck vet to update them and send them copies of the X-rays.

The X-rays also showed that some of the tooth roots were perhaps a bit elongated and that there is still a problem with Honey’s lungs.

We go back in 2 weeks, unless she isn’t eating or I’m concerned about her. She has her usual metacam, tramadol, gabapentin and ranitidine as well as emeprid.

I hope she will recover overnight and that she'll be a lot brighter tomorrow. It sounds as though she has a lot to cope with at the moment xx

I am glad she is home and with you.

I hope she recovers well and that you are OK too

Me and the buns are sending you and Honey lots of positive vibes. It was good to hear she did fine with the anesthesia and they were able to check her out while she was under. I suspect she will do much better with her weight and eating once she has a little time to recover from having that nasty tooth removed.

Back