• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reporting rabbit welfare issues

The article is 2 years old. There is up to date info about the CC in the latest issue of Rabbiting On. Not sure if you are a member of the RWAF though so you may not have the latest Magazine.

I posted a bit about the latest CC info on the RWAF Sticky thread over in Rabbit Chat

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ssociation-and-Fund-(RWAF)-U-D-6th-Sept/page2

Right I see!

Yes I'm a member, got the magazine :) haven't read it yet tho [emoji38] I'll have a look thanks

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Also contacting local council as that place should be registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea :thumb:

Scotland are launching a consultation to licence breeders of dogs, cats and rabbits.
New legislation would be aimed at strengthening and modernising the current system.

It's all a step in the right direction :)

They also board animals and their reviews aren’t good. They have to be licensed to do that and I bet they aren’t.
035de23e32ea6d1a65639e0e09ab6ca1.png
103150188065d7625f6c8a2cba42d551.png
04b919f8b120ca42c077b35e30289c03.png

Is there any route to the HMRC? Hit them in the pocket, especially if they are not council registered.

They also board animals and their reviews aren’t good. They have to be licensed to do that and I bet they aren’t.
035de23e32ea6d1a65639e0e09ab6ca1.png
103150188065d7625f6c8a2cba42d551.png
04b919f8b120ca42c077b35e30289c03.png

It's very sad and very difficult :(

If only the public were alerted to asking questions like - are they vaccinated etc when they go to choose a rabbit. Even a rabbit being vaccinated could well indicate that the breeder was valuing the life of the rabbit above profits for themselves

It's very sad and very difficult :(

If only the public were alerted to asking questions like - are they vaccinated etc when they go to choose a rabbit. Even a rabbit being vaccinated could well indicate that the breeder was valuing the life of the rabbit above profits for themselves

Apparently some are from ten weeks of age because apparently they can’t be done earlier which we know is so untrue

Apparently some are from ten weeks of age because apparently they can’t be done earlier which we know is so untrue

Absolutely. Myxo from 5 weeks, and Eravac from 30 days.
And breeders obviously get multi-dose vials so wouldn't cost a great deal.

It would show willing though!

Absolutely. Myxo from 5 weeks, and Eravac from 30 days.
And breeders obviously get multi-dose vials so wouldn't cost a great deal.

It would show willing though!

Yes it would show willing but as she sells the bunnies from 8 weeks she is basically not bothering to do it.

How's your little Nethie doing?

Well I’ve set him up in a dog crate with food and water and toys. He is eating well and pooping and seeing but he is nervous. He looks very well but as we all know rabbits hide things. I’ll be happy when he is vet checked

Well I’ve set him up in a dog crate with food and water and toys. He is eating well and pooping and seeing but he is nervous. He looks very well but as we all know rabbits hide things. I’ll be happy when he is vet checked

Yea :( I hope he's gunna be okay nethies are so sweet.

Tbf... I don't think any breeder vaccinates? Normally up to the new owner..?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

She can’t be that bothered about her “stock” as all kept crammed in tiny hutches begging to be out. If anyone else in Leeds can act as a buyer and visit I would be interested to know their thoughts

She can’t be that bothered about her “stock” as all kept crammed in tiny hutches begging to be out. If anyone else in Leeds can act as a buyer and visit I would be interested to know their thoughts

Perhaps someone could take photos and ask a few questions about whether they are licensed with the Council or registered with BRC?

Back