• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reporting rabbit welfare issues

This is her website https://www.yorkshire-minilops.co.uk/. I can swear there were no bunnies playing happily in the garden and I’m certain this lady is breeding only for profit and not for improving her lines as she claims. I’ve had lots of emails from RSPCA and they are taking my complaint seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is her website https://www.yorkshire-minilops.co.uk/. I can swear there were no bunnies playing happily in the garden and I’m certain this lady is breeding only for profit and not for improving her lines as she claims. I’ve had lots of emails from RSPCA and they are taking my complaint seriously

As she is a BRC member you could perhaps give the BRC a call and ask their advice on the conditions the rabbits were in?
How comes she had a little Nethie?

As she is a BRC member you could perhaps give the BRC a call and ask their advice on the conditions the rabbits were in?
How comes she had a little Nethie?

She had loads of everything.

I hope your Nethie is doing well?
What's his/her name :)

I haven’t named him yet. I’m just letting him settle in. He is eating and drinking well. He is sweet but no idea what his temperament will be like as I’ve heard nethies are quite nasty but we shall see.
14ac27ceccb0e388459eaa8e8aff0356.jpg

I haven’t named him yet. I’m just letting him settle in. He is eating and drinking well. He is sweet but no idea what his temperament will be like as I’ve heard nethies are quite nasty but we shall see.
14ac27ceccb0e388459eaa8e8aff0356.jpg

Oh he's lovely - I don't think nethies are nasty :) I think they can have some attitude, but not nasty!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh he's lovely - I don't think nethies are nasty :) I think they can have some attitude, but not nasty!

Aw that’s good to hear. I asked on a forum and people said they were aggressive and horrible.

Aw that’s good to hear. I asked on a forum and people said they were aggressive and horrible.

Ah every animal I unique imo, I think nethies can be really funny little buns :)

I have one, and she's the sweetest little Titch imaginable! She's a breeder reject and although it's not her real name, when she is Miss Madam I call her Pearl, as that's her breed :lol:

You hear all sorts of rubbish on the Internet :lol:

I've kept Nethies for years and they are adorable. No aggression and just attitude and comedy :D

Is there any route to the HMRC? Hit them in the pocket, especially if they are not council registered.
Now that’s a very good idea. She must be making hundreds a week from her business selling these bunnies. In no way is she trying to better the breed.

Aw, he's cute. I think most of us would not have wanted to leave without him either.

I have a lovely little Nethie called Loki. He's amazing :love:. When I first got him he would lunge a bit, but now he happily accepts the kisses and cuddles I 'force' on him ;) x

Back