Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Disaster please help!

  1. #51
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    I've been thinking of you for a few days.

    Did they go back to the bonder?

    How are things? xx
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  2. #52
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I've been thinking of you for a few days.

    Did they go back to the bonder?

    How are things? xx
    Aww thatís so sweet!

    So the update for everyone is not great. They went last Tuesday and 9am the next day I got a call.....so it was never going to be good.

    They were ok together in the day just chasing and some hair pulling, then at night when unsupervised something set Luther off (he is the victim from the bond break and was hard to get tryst in Truffle the first time because he was bullied). Truffle was then found the next day with his beautiful ears torn and bleeding. They checked him over and cleaned him up, he has a small hole in one, a big graze down the other and a hole where a big vein is so thatís where all the blood was from. Plus a big patch of chicken skin on his but where loads of hairs been ripped out and a bit on a shoulder.

    So they are home in bunny jail (their room) until Truffles ears heal then they are happy to try again and they seemed to be fairly positive about it all until that one moment.

    So a few weeks and take 2. I have also gone bunny mummy crazy and got a camera installed to spy on them and see how they are when we arenít there lol!!

    So not great, but I still am clinging to hope xx












    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Aw Iím sorry about poor Truffleís ear and that they had another bust up on the first night.

    My understanding is that experienced bonders have a good inclination as to whether a bond will work out. So the fact theyíre happy to try again should be cause for hope. Iím sure they would be honest and upfront with you if they thought there was little chance of repairing the bond. Also, as I mentioned upthread there is that underlying bond theyíve spent several months building with each other before it all went pear shaped!

    Iíll be thinking of you all, I really hope the boys can sort themselves out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  4. #54
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26,998

    Default

    Oh dear, he does look very sorry for himself being honest, if it were me in your position I donít think Iíd try again, for fear of something worse happening. Could you keep them side by side if needs be, if they get plenty of human interaction, if you canít get them a friend each?

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  5. #55
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Aw Iím sorry about poor Truffleís ear and that they had another bust up on the first night.

    My understanding is that experienced bonders have a good inclination as to whether a bond will work out. So the fact theyíre happy to try again should be cause for hope. Iím sure they would be honest and upfront with you if they thought there was little chance of repairing the bond. Also, as I mentioned upthread there is that underlying bond theyíve spent several months building with each other before it all went pear shaped!

    Iíll be thinking of you all, I really hope the boys can sort themselves out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you :-( yeah Iím sad to say this time round thereís permanent damage to his worse ear which is a shame because he has lovely ears!

    I was wondering if itís acceptable to vet wrap his ears to protect them next time.....but I think thatís the crazy lady coming out haha!

    Yeah youíre totally right, and based on last time they told me ďthey have been ok together but we arenít convinced it will likely work outĒ as in not long after we got home and they just got stronger and stronger.....their positivity this time speaks out to me. I said I know it sounds silly but I hoped weíd all be together for Christmas, and he said ďthat could still happenĒ. So Iím holding onto these nuggets of hope. Plus they have been pretty good back up in their room and I have seen good things on my bunny spy cam.

    Thank you so much, me too we love them both so much it breaks my heart






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    40,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Aww thatís so sweet!

    So the update for everyone is not great. They went last Tuesday and 9am the next day I got a call.....so it was never going to be good.

    They were ok together in the day just chasing and some hair pulling, then at night when unsupervised something set Luther off (he is the victim from the bond break and was hard to get tryst in Truffle the first time because he was bullied). Truffle was then found the next day with his beautiful ears torn and bleeding. They checked him over and cleaned him up, he has a small hole in one, a big graze down the other and a hole where a big vein is so thatís where all the blood was from. Plus a big patch of chicken skin on his but where loads of hairs been ripped out and a bit on a shoulder.

    So they are home in bunny jail (their room) until Truffles ears heal then they are happy to try again and they seemed to be fairly positive about it all until that one moment.

    So a few weeks and take 2. I have also gone bunny mummy crazy and got a camera installed to spy on them and see how they are when we arenít there lol!!

    So not great, but I still am clinging to hope xx












    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    I can only say that if the bonding folk have hope, then I would have hope too.

    I know that I would recognise when it wasn't worth putting buns through any more and I am sure they will.

    That said, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a healthy recovery of ear wounds and another try at being friends
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

  7. #57
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Oh dear, he does look very sorry for himself being honest, if it were me in your position I donít think Iíd try again, for fear of something worse happening. Could you keep them side by side if needs be, if they get plenty of human interaction, if you canít get them a friend each?
    He does bounce back very quick fortunately and heís totally back to his cheeky self which is good, he only had his sulky face a day or two bless him.
    Unfortunately we donít have funds for more bunnies and when Luther lived upstairs in that room as a baby waiting for neuter it was sad because itís hard to find enough time to go and give him company, I know it sounds silly. So sadly I think if it doesnít work out we need to think of a way of them living like the above set up but downstairs or we have to give up Luther :-(


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I can only say that if the bonding folk have hope, then I would have hope too.

    I know that I would recognise when it wasn't worth putting buns through any more and I am sure they will.

    That said, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a healthy recovery of ear wounds and another try at being friends
    This is it, and really what Iím holding on to.
    We had this exact thing happen the first time, we tried at home, Truffle got his ears ripped and even screamed, they went to a bonder and she tried for two seconds, Traumatised Truffle and he bit her......then they went to this place and it worked; this time we had a set back but they were so positive about it I canít help but feel they deserve another go.

    Aww thank you so much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    3,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Thank you :-( yeah Iím sad to say this time round thereís permanent damage to his worse ear which is a shame because he has lovely ears!

    I was wondering if itís acceptable to vet wrap his ears to protect them next time.....but I think thatís the crazy lady coming out haha!

    Yeah youíre totally right, and based on last time they told me ďthey have been ok together but we arenít convinced it will likely work outĒ as in not long after we got home and they just got stronger and stronger.....their positivity this time speaks out to me. I said I know it sounds silly but I hoped weíd all be together for Christmas, and he said ďthat could still happenĒ. So Iím holding onto these nuggets of hope. Plus they have been pretty good back up in their room and I have seen good things on my bunny spy cam.

    Thank you so much, me too we love them both so much it breaks my heart






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am sorry your bunnies have fallen out so badly. Can they just live side by side for a few months? Then prehaps take them back to a bonder. That's what I did with Millie and Toby although I didn't use a bonder xx

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie

  10. #60
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Oh dear, he does look very sorry for himself being honest, if it were me in your position I don’t think I’d try again, for fear of something worse happening. Could you keep them side by side if needs be, if they get plenty of human interaction, if you can’t get them a friend each?
    I have to agree. Those injuries really are very nasty and personally I would be extremely reluctant to take any more risks. I am sorry this post wont be what you want to read. But I think it is important for others reading this thread to understand that there may be very differing opinions as to how much is too much when it comes to bonding risks.

    That said, I am basing my opinion on noting the severity of the wounds inflicted. My rule of thumb has always been if blood is drawn during an obviously 'nasty' bonding fight I wont try again.

    Just my personal opinion, which I have no doubt some will dismiss as 'rubbish'.

    Best wishes for whatever you decide and I really hope that neither Rabbit suffers any more injuries.



    Myxomatosis , RHD1 & RHD2 - Vaccinations are ESSENTIAL to protect your Rabbit(s)
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...rum-Moderator)

    Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF)~ Britains Biggest and Best Organisation for Everyone who Loves Rabbits
    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

    Reference links for various Rabbit Health problems :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...99#post7048099

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •