Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Disaster please help!

  1. #21
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I'm sorry your boys fell out & hope their time out makes them realise what they are missing. I know it will seem like ages to you but the bonders being able to help in 10 days or so sounds good really. You've always kept the faith that your two can make it as a couple so try your best to hang on to that now
    Thank you. Itís so sad :-( they really loved each other.
    Aww thank you, Iím trying so hard to keep the faith but the alternative just wonít leave my brain (Iím such a worrier)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    To be fair I wouldn't have put them back together so soon, whilst this memory of their recent fight is so fresh.

    I don't think Truffle's eye has anything to do with it, honestly. It's one of those things that could have happened.

    One thing though ... When you get them back together again (and I say when and not if, think positive) then I would seriously consider not keeping them confined to a hutch at any time. Give them more freedom and you may find this sort of thing never happens again. Small confined spaces can precipitate this kind of thing in friable situations, which you do have given their bumpy start ......

    Breathe, and email/call me if you need a shoulder or a bit of moral support xx Hugs xx
    Oh :-/ me doing that came from me panicking about having to start again, I just hoped maybe after a bit of time out they might be over it....I was wrong unfortunately.

    Iím very much a person who likes to know why things happen and itís so hard with rabbits because the way they think is just so blooming random lol. I donít think Iíll ever understand them.

    Thatís a really interesting comment. I thought having a bedtime routine etc and them being away a few hours was a good thing, Iíve not really thought about it....again me thinking as a human not a bunny. That is definitely something we may need to look into and have the cats sleep in the living room not the kitchen (no animals are allowed in our room). Thank you for that, Iíll talk to Sam about it.

    Aww thank you so much. Iím less panicked now Iíve sorted them out but Iím so upset still about it all when it was going so well. Having to start again is so daunting and sad. Thank you for your help and support xxx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I know 10 days away seems an age, but it might give them a chance to settle down apart and forget about their fight. Thereís no one size fits all situations and to be fair you did exactly what I did when a pair of boys Iíd just brought home from the rspca had a bit of a spat, I kept them confined to the hutch rather than the hutch and run, and they settled down straight away, so sometimes it works. I would try not to be disheartened, youíve not done anything wrong hopefully a neutral situation will help them to settle the hierarchy again.
    Thatís why bunnies are so difficult! Their thoughts are so different to us and hard to read so itís hard to know whatís right, and like you say none are the same either. I mean I was told they would never bond and they proved so many people wrong, I hope we will get there again because their bromance was so cute.
    Aww thank you. Itís so nice to hear that, you canít help but think itís something youíve done. I worried at first he heard the falling out of me and my OH the night before because Truffle is sensitive.....but we didnít argue etc, he just stayed the night at his parents to be by himself and I was really upset so heíd have heard me, but I canít imagine that would distress him the following afternoon.

    Hopefully we are doing the right thing now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    usually things like this can "just happen" as harsh as that sounds. usually there is some sort of trigger - being given new territory, something changing, a bunny being unwell. they can & will know and that can kick things off. sometimes its even just a change in hormones, which can happen even when they're neutered, esp around spring time.

    but, I would be willing to say locking them in a hutch is likely what started this off, if its a regular thing. bunnies get very frustrated at having loads of space to then being shut in of a night. Luna & Orion are not exactly squished in, but they still like to throw a hissy fit at bed time for going back in their pen. even if the hutch is large, they're still (often) narrow confinements of space. the best thing is to get a puppy pen, and give them a largeish undisturbed space for bed time. a hutch isn't big and is often disturbed with ladders, narrow corners etc.

    if they seem particularly stressed, you could always get some pet remedy which I've found to be a miracle worker for me
    Things like this bother me when I canít pinpoint the cause, and our pets seem to have a lot of those things never figured out.
    Nothing has changed apart from Truffle going through a lot of different meds, vet visits and tests the last month and a half, but heís been so good about it all (mostly) it seems odd heíd just snap one afternoon. Truffle has been trying to hump more the last day or so, maybe because Truffle was unwell he was making up for spring fever but gone too far.

    Itís weird though because they have a routine of going to bed with pellets and being fine for about 9 months now, so Iím surprised it suddenly bothered him when it was the afternoon when they are free roaming. But I definitely agree with you that I made a mistake putting them away after their first spat.
    MM has also brought up the same point about being shut away might not be a good thing so I think itís something we definitely need to look into because it does make sense. We will have to rearrange so the cats sleep in the living room not the kitchen, then bunnies can just stay out and go in the hutch if they choose.

    Yes! I love that stuff! My diffuser ran out two months ago and I forgot to reorder so I did so today (unfortunately it wonít arrive till the 28th), but I have a mini spray so I spritzed their new room.
    Thank you x


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Oh no Iím really sorry this has happened I know itís a long time to wait until you can get them to the binder but some time apart from each other might not be a bad thing as theyíll have plenty of time to cool off.

    In the meantime, please donít give up hope that theyíll get back together again. My pair suddenly started fighting one morning. They couldnít even look at each other without kicking off. After a few days apart I rebonded them. It was tough going at first but they were successfully rebonded and have been fine together since (bar one hiccup after a vet visit last year!) Also bear in mind that the boys have been doing well together for the last few months so the underlying bond should still be there.

    Lots of hugs for you as well. Itís so worrying and upsetting when they suddenly start fighting like that. Especially after all that work you put in with them earlier xxx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you :-( itís so sad because they really did love each other against all the odds. Iím hoping youíre right and they just need some time. Not sure if I should try them again in a few days (Iím not very brave or skilled) or just hold on and let the bonder do the hard work so I donít jeopardise anything.

    Thank you. Itís so hard not to keep getting upset about it after seeing them for the last 9 months loving each other. Thank you I really appreciate your positivity and Iím hoping too that they kiss and make up, as you say especially as they had a great run of it before now. Iím so glad your two patched things up it gives me hope.

    Thank you I really appreciate that. Yeah itís the hard 8 months of bonding work thatís making me feel a bit ill starting that all again. Hopefully because they bonded once it wonít take so long before the love is there.
    Thank you for your support xxx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Well here we are again. A very depressing dťjŗ vu for me and the boys. Now living opposite each other, but in a different room to last time.

    The first contact was Truffle nipping through the bars. Then anything after has all been Luther so itís swapped but I think thatís because Luther thinks heís hard when thereís a fence to protect him!
    Hopefully they settle down soon and mostly itís now because of a bad night being left in carriers and this mornings fight, then back in the carriers until I cleared and made up the room for them.

    Luther doesnít want to eat so hopefully he will fancy his dinner in a bit. Just canít believe we are back here.
    Thank you all for your support, Iíd be a mess without you guys!!








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    My Millie and Toby fell out for three months! But they ended up happily back in love. It might take some time but don't give up! It was only by accident when I was cleaning them out that Toby hopped over to Millie for a snuggle and they just stayed that way. Xx

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie

  8. #28
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    My Millie and Toby fell out for three months! But they ended up happily back in love. It might take some time but don't give up! It was only by accident when I was cleaning them out that Toby hopped over to Millie for a snuggle and they just stayed that way. Xx

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Did you find out why they fell out?
    Itís so weird they can suddenly change but then decide they love each other again. I know people fall out sometimes but not pull chunks out each other.

    Thank you I hope thatís the same for us and the bonding works because we are rubbish at trying it ourselves at home. Xx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    New Kit
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Hi sorry to read your post that your bunnies have fallen out, I cant say why but do have the same problem mine were bonded for a year and a half and both spayed and neutered then all of a sudden the girl wont let the boy in the cage so I've had to separate them, I was bringing them together during the day in the run until today when there was one great big fight fur flying everywhere and I had to break them up. I don't know what to do either I never expected to have to keep them alone.

    Good luck and I hope you can re bond them and if you do it please let me know what you have done so I can try

  10. #30
    Alpha Buck Truffpuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greens Norton
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bobtail View Post
    Hi sorry to read your post that your bunnies have fallen out, I cant say why but do have the same problem mine were bonded for a year and a half and both spayed and neutered then all of a sudden the girl wont let the boy in the cage so I've had to separate them, I was bringing them together during the day in the run until today when there was one great big fight fur flying everywhere and I had to break them up. I don't know what to do either I never expected to have to keep them alone.

    Good luck and I hope you can re bond them and if you do it please let me know what you have done so I can try
    Oh no Iím so sorry you are having trouble too!

    Well I can say your definitely in the right place there are awesome people here that can give you advice. I personally have 0 bonding experience or success, our home bond was a disaster, so I canít help there. But, what I can tell you is that if you feel they are right for each other but they just donít know it yet, donít give up faith, and if your home tryís donít work out you can always have one more try with what we did and go to a professional bonder. Ours is at a bunny rescue an hour away from us, but it was totally worth it. Just make sure you really look into them first as my first experience with a ďbonderĒ was terrible and my poor Truffle came home shell shocked and she said he should never be with any bunny!!

    Keep the faith and definitely keep asking questions to this forum because everyone is so lovely and helpful x


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •