Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disaster please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Iím so sorry Sending lots of hugs and vibes xx
    Thank you.

Literally canít stop crying thinking about how good itís been xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found out bonder doesnít open till 10am!
    I just feel sick :í-(

Itís understandable that you are so upset thereís every chance that they will be able to be re bonded. I wonder if with Truffle having been ill might have been a trigger, whilst he was ill everything was ok but now heís feeling better maybe itís affected the balance a bit if thereís dominance to be reasserted either way

Thinking of you and sending more hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Itís understandable that you are so upset thereís every chance that they will be able to be re bonded. I wonder if with Truffle having been ill might have been a trigger, whilst he was ill everything was ok but now heís feeling better maybe itís affected the balance a bit if thereís dominance to be reasserted either way

Thinking of you and sending more hugs xx
    Thank you. Iím really trying not to get so upset but itís really hard. Which is another reason I think this morning might have failed, but I feel like time is slipping away the longer they are apart.

I like that theory, that makes sense. He was never unwell from his issues but the stress made him go into stasis and this week or two heís been much more himself. The issue is Iím waiting on test results for his eye and if he needs meds I donít think that and bonding will work. Iím just going to be a mess until I talk to the bonders I think, and I just found out itís not open till 10am!

Going to ring vets now and see if his test results are back.

Thank you :-( xxx

The bonder called me back. They can help but not till the 18th. So itís going to be back to living side by side in a room upstairs all over again.

I canít believe we are going back to square one :-(

Thereís no results back for Truffleís eye yet so I still donít know whatís going on there either.
    *sigh*

I'm sorry your boys fell out & hope their time out makes them realise what they are missing. I know it will seem like ages to you but the bonders being able to help in 10 days or so sounds good really. You've always kept the faith that your two can make it as a couple so try your best to hang on to that now

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    It didnít go well but I donít know if itís me because I donít know what Iím doing.

They both came out the carriers, Truffle stomped and went back into his carrier because heís upset with being in there all night, Luther went near....I saw Truffle look at his neck....I said no! He pulls Lutherís hair out and Luther runs into the carrier with him and they kick each other and I got them out :í-(

Iím so upset and I donít think the bonders open till 9

To be fair I wouldn't have put them back together so soon, whilst this memory of their recent fight is so fresh.

I don't think Truffle's eye has anything to do with it, honestly. It's one of those things that could have happened.

One thing though ... When you get them back together again (and I say when and not if, think positive) then I would seriously consider not keeping them confined to a hutch at any time. Give them more freedom and you may find this sort of thing never happens again. Small confined spaces can precipitate this kind of thing in friable situations, which you do have given their bumpy start ......

Breathe, and email/call me if you need a shoulder or a bit of moral support xx Hugs xx

I know 10 days away seems an age, but it might give them a chance to settle down apart and forget about their fight. There’s no one size fits all situations and to be fair you did exactly what I did when a pair of boys I’d just brought home from the rspca had a bit of a spat, I kept them confined to the hutch rather than the hutch and run, and they settled down straight away, so sometimes it works. I would try not to be disheartened, you’ve not done anything wrong hopefully a neutral situation will help them to settle the hierarchy again.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

usually things like this can "just happen" as harsh as that sounds. usually there is some sort of trigger - being given new territory, something changing, a bunny being unwell. they can & will know and that can kick things off. sometimes its even just a change in hormones, which can happen even when they're neutered, esp around spring time.

but, I would be willing to say locking them in a hutch is likely what started this off, if its a regular thing. bunnies get very frustrated at having loads of space to then being shut in of a night. Luna & Orion are not exactly squished in, but they still like to throw a hissy fit at bed time for going back in their pen. even if the hutch is large, they're still (often) narrow confinements of space. the best thing is to get a puppy pen, and give them a largeish undisturbed space for bed time. a hutch isn't big and is often disturbed with ladders, narrow corners etc.

if they seem particularly stressed, you could always get some pet remedy which I've found to be a miracle worker for me
    Snoopy : 14.02.15 - 12.05.17 [mini rex]👑Luna : 14.02.15 [rex]👑Orion : 21.10.17 [mini rex]

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Oh no Iím really sorry this has happened I know itís a long time to wait until you can get them to the binder but some time apart from each other might not be a bad thing as theyíll have plenty of time to cool off.

In the meantime, please donít give up hope that theyíll get back together again. My pair suddenly started fighting one morning. They couldnít even look at each other without kicking off. After a few days apart I rebonded them. It was tough going at first but they were successfully rebonded and have been fine together since (bar one hiccup after a vet visit last year!) Also bear in mind that the boys have been doing well together for the last few months so the underlying bond should still be there.

Lots of hugs for you as well. Itís so worrying and upsetting when they suddenly start fighting like that. Especially after all that work you put in with them earlier xxx

[IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer