Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disaster please help!

Default Disaster please help!

So I think many of you know Truffle and Luther.

They have been bonded about 9-10months now and suddenly this evening when I was out and my OH was here Truffle just kicked off and they were just going at it, fur everywhere kicking the lot!!

So I said letís put them to bed in their hutch now and just listen before we go to bed. We go up as all is quite and they are eating pellets together.

Then a massive racket when we were settling into bed!! I ran down and they fought o hard theyíd broken out the hutch. One is now in the tub and the other still under the kitchen table and Iíve been badly bitten getting them apart.

What do I do?!!! Iím devastated! They have been best buddies till now for some reason.

How do I fix it? Do they need separating tonight and I try again tomorrow because they remember fights?
    Or is it too late and they need to go to the bonder again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    So I think many of you know Truffle and Luther.

They have been bonded about 9-10months now and suddenly this evening when I was out and my OH was here Truffle just kicked off and they were just going at it, fur everywhere kicking the lot!!

So I said letís put them to bed in their hutch now and just listen before we go to bed. We go up as all is quite and they are eating pellets together.

Then a massive racket when we were settling into bed!! I ran down and they fought o hard theyíd broken out the hutch. One is now in the tub and the other still under the kitchen table and Iíve been badly bitten getting them apart.

What do I do?!!! Iím devastated! They have been best buddies till now for some reason.

How do I fix it? Do they need separating tonight and I try again tomorrow because they remember fights?
    Or is it too late and they need to go to the bonder again?

Oh goodness that's awful, I'm so sorry

I know some people say that males remember fights and never get together again, but I have heard many contradictions to that, so it's definitely not set in stone.

I should separate tonight, and clean the hutch out, neutralise, and think about what to do in the morning. I feel they might need a bit of time out at the moment and you and your shattered nerves need time to regroup.

Hugs xxx

Update:

Itís so late and I donít know what to do. So for now they are each in a carrier facing each other for the night.

Maybe Iíll try letting them out in the bathroom in the morning and see what happens. But if it starts up again I think Iím just going to have to ring the bonder to help or ship them back there to re bond.

I read so many different things on what to do, and one was starting from scratch with them not seeing each other for several weeks and the thought of that makes me feel ill.

Canít believe Iím crying about bonding all over again when they have done so well

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Oh goodness that's awful, I'm so sorry

I know some people say that males remember fights and never get together again, but I have heard many contradictions to that, so it's definitely not set in stone.

I should separate tonight, and clean the hutch out, neutralise, and think about what to do in the morning. I feel they might need a bit of time out at the moment and you and your shattered nerves need time to regroup.

Hugs xxx
    Sorry I was just writing my update, which thankfully sounds like Iíve done the right thing for now.

Oh no :-( Iím hoping because they had fights (really really bad) with us trying to home bond but were then successful at the bonders, that maybe this rule doesnít apply to them....

I just donít know what to think.
    I will be posting and panicking in the morning :-( xx

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    Sorry I was just writing my update, which thankfully sounds like Iíve done the right thing for now.

Oh no :-( Iím hoping because they had fights (really really bad) with us trying to home bond but were then successful at the bonders, that maybe this rule doesnít apply to them....

I just donít know what to think.
    I will be posting and panicking in the morning :-( xx

Well I for one never say never! As I say, I have heard of males that even though they have fought, they have also got back together again. So don't listen to the nay-sayers, as it may *not* apply in your circumstances. You can but try, and they have been so fantastic together.

Could something have set them off? Something different, or being spooked?

See what your bonder says about it all tomorrow, as she will have got to know them quite well and have an opinion to shed some light on this.

Just a thought - how are they both health wise? Sometimes a rabbit will attack if one is 'going down' with something or is under the weather for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Well I for one never say never! As I say, I have heard of males that even though they have fought, they have also got back together again. So don't listen to the nay-sayers, as it may *not* apply in your circumstances. You can but try, and they have been so fantastic together.

Could something have set them off? Something different, or being spooked?

See what your bonder says about it all tomorrow, as she will have got to know them quite well and have an opinion to shed some light on this.

Just a thought - how are they both health wise? Sometimes a rabbit will attack if one is 'going down' with something or is under the weather for some reason.
    I know thatís why Iím so upset, because they had a proper bromance!

I couldnít sleep so Iím up now, going to tidy the kitchen, sweep, mop and do the hutch just incase. Then I will try them out the carriers together in the bathroom with oven mitts at the ready. If it fails then call the bonder and try and keep it together lol.

This is the thing, nothing has changed. The only thing to note was I caught Truffle trying to hump Luther yesterday afternoon, which does happen occasionally (to the cats too bless them!) but this I caught was vigorously circling so I told Truffle off.....but everything was fine.

Unfortunately I was out so didnít see a trigger for the first attack.

Truffle had the spell of sore nose and eye, a month of different meds, then his ulcer problem didnít go but the syphilis did, so heís still on eye meds, then last week he had his eye scraped to send cells of for analysis so we can treat effectively and be done. But heís been really good about all that. So the trigger seems random :-(

Thank you xxx

It didnít go well but I donít know if itís me because I donít know what Iím doing.

They both came out the carriers, Truffle stomped and went back into his carrier because heís upset with being in there all night, Luther went near....I saw Truffle look at his neck....I said no! He pulls Lutherís hair out and Luther runs into the carrier with him and they kick each other and I got them out :í-(

Iím so upset and I donít think the bonders open till 9

Wise Old Thumper

Sending hugs. I'm so sorry this has happened.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Sending hugs. I'm so sorry this has happened.
    Thank you, me too.

I just donít understand why itís happening and I just want them to go back to the way the were

I’m so sorry Sending lots of hugs and vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx