• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I give in.

I'm glad Thumper is perking up now! I think Lola got spooked at something in the night a couple of nights ago and was not acting right after. We have been having foxes in the garden so I think it might have been that. I am presuming she panicked as her tunnel she never uses and her heavy log tunnel she can't move were all wonky. Strange for one to have been moved let alone both. It could well have been everything going on next to your house that spooked Thumper xxx

Hi everyone :) :wave: thank you for asking!

Thumper's fine this morning!

They're both back outside now, having had some time in the garden to stretch their legs after being cooped up indoors (which they really don't like!).

So yep, all's good again ... for now.

And I rang the vet and left a message for Filip as well.

:)

They're both back outside now, having had some time in the garden to stretch their legs after being cooped up indoors (which they really don't like!).

Let's hope Thumper doesn't cause you any more stress any time soon. And Coco had better not try and get in on the action either !

Great news Angie :)

I think you need a break from stress, and catch up on the benefits of your recent holiday!

I'm so glad :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Let's hope Thumper doesn't cause you any more stress any time soon. And Coco had better not try and get in on the action either !

Coco's way too lazy to get ill :lol:, she simply can't be bothered! Can count on one hand the amount of times she's been to the vet through being poorly in the last 7 years, literally.

As for Thumper, this is actually her third shot at being poorly in less than 10 days - I don't post about her feeling unwell that we cure at home with just pain relief anymore because she's like that so often I'd always be on here! My husband said she's a hypochondriac, but I think my son hit the nail on the head when he labelled her a snowflake :lol:.

Thank you everyone!

Yes, MM, it would be nice to relax after our holidays but it seems Thumper had other ideas, dratted rabbit! I'll never have rabbits again, despite the fact that Coco's been okay over the years - Thumper has spoiled our enjoyment of having rabbits I'm afraid and that's why we'll never have anymore and I would never recommend anyone to have a rabbit either! But hey ho, I love them to bits but no, they're our first and last bunnies.

Back