• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny Mum

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
Hi, I joined this forum a while ago but havent been on for ages as i realised i wasnt in a position to have a rabbit... well last Tuesday i unexpectedly acquired a very poorly little girl.

I work at a vets and a member of the public brought in a little rabbit she found in her garden, im assuming shes less than a year old and possibly a lion head or lionhead cross. Shes severely underweight (700g when found), with sever hairloss all over her back and dental issues.

In the last 7 days shes gained 140g! and her fur is starting to grow back! She had a dental on wednesday, she had spurs but they werent too bad, but her incisors are misaligned and one fell out! So the vet reckons we are looking at removal in the future.

She was on Zantac, Metaclopromide, fibreplex, panacur and being syringe fed oxbow critical care until sunday but shes now eating well, although atm she only seems to be eating alfalfa hay and not timothy.

She enjoys her veggies and herbs and atm ive got her on a mix of both junior pellet and adult.

Shes currently in a 4ft x 4ft run in the middle of my livingroom, still not ideal but better than then 100cm x 50cm cage she was in until sunday. Eventually she will move upstairs to the spare bedroom but atm i want her downstairs so i can keep an eye on her better.

Im probably going to have a awful lot of questions over the next few weeks so bare with me! Ive had rats for the last 3 years and they are so easy to take care of this little bunny rabbit on the other hand is totally different territory for me!

Im not entirely sure what the long term plan is at the moment, i wasnt really planning on the long term commitment that is a rabbit but i had to give her the chance and if i didnt take her she would of been PTS and i just couldnt let her die only ever known pain and suffering. Either way shes going to be her for atleast the next few months (assuming she carries on getting better and doesnt deteriorate) and then ill decide whether i either :-

A. Look for an AMAZING home for her
B. Get her a husbun and keep her

And now its officially been the 7 days since she was found which means shes now legally mine and i should probably give her a name :D (i was going for the dont get to attached plan... although that hasnt worked too well LOL)

Hi, I joined this forum a while ago but havent been on for ages as i realised i wasnt in a position to have a rabbit... well last Tuesday i unexpectedly acquired a very poorly little girl.

I work at a vets and a member of the public brought in a little rabbit she found in her garden, im assuming shes less than a year old and possibly a lion head or lionhead cross. Shes severely underweight (700g when found), with sever hairloss all over her back and dental issues.

In the last 7 days shes gained 140g! and her fur is starting to grow back! She had a dental on wednesday, she had spurs but they werent too bad, but her incisors are misaligned and one fell out! So the vet reckons we are looking at removal in the future.

She was on Zantac, Metaclopromide, fibreplex, panacur and being syringe fed oxbow critical care until sunday but shes now eating well, although atm she only seems to be eating alfalfa hay and not timothy.

She enjoys her veggies and herbs and atm ive got her on a mix of both junior pellet and adult.

Shes currently in a 4ft x 4ft run in the middle of my livingroom, still not ideal but better than then 100cm x 50cm cage she was in until sunday. Eventually she will move upstairs to the spare bedroom but atm i want her downstairs so i can keep an eye on her better.

Im probably going to have a awful lot of questions over the next few weeks so bare with me! Ive had rats for the last 3 years and they are so easy to take care of this little bunny rabbit on the other hand is totally different territory for me!

Im not entirely sure what the long term plan is at the moment, i wasnt really planning on the long term commitment that is a rabbit but i had to give her the chance and if i didnt take her she would of been PTS and i just couldnt let her die only ever known pain and suffering. Either way shes going to be her for atleast the next few months (assuming she carries on getting better and doesnt deteriorate) and then ill decide whether i either :-

A. Look for an AMAZING home for her
B. Get her a husbun and keep her

And now its officially been the 7 days since she was found which means shes now legally mine and i should probably give her a name :D (i was going for the dont get to attached plan... although that hasnt worked too well LOL)

Hi there and lovely to see you posting!

She is a very lucky girl to have landed with you :)

I am sure that she will have an amazing home either with or without you.
I look forward to seeing photos and you are so kind to take her on :love:

Hello :wave: I’m so glad you have taken on this bunny, I’m sure she will go from strength to strength now :love:

I'm glad your bunny has a caring home now. You'll be smitten in no time. Welcome to the wonderful world of rabbits

Caution: Bunnies can be Addictive. Once they get a hold on your heart they do not let go. That being said, I have a lot of love and respect for the person who fostered my own rescue bunny.
She is lucky you were there to give her a chance at a good life. Sending you and she some positive vibes for continued improvement.

Back