• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone's rabbit do this? :-)

I’m hopping it will change when I start to give them veg. Maybe they will be happier with me then. I sit in the hallway for hours but the min I move they run. Can had feed pellets and hay but only if I’m completely still. Gta remember iv only had them with me 10 days to.

One of mine did that for around 6 months, I was just very patient! And kept on putting food on my hand, lap etc to build trust :D you’ll get there!

One of mine did that for around 6 months, I was just very patient! And kept on putting food on my hand, lap etc to build trust :D you’ll get there!

Thanks. I hope so and I’ll keep trying. I get nose bumped an they rest their paws on me to periscope. I often lay on the floor which they seem to apreciate a bit more.

Thanks. I hope so and I’ll keep trying. I get nose bumped an they rest their paws on me to periscope. I often lay on the floor which they seem to apreciate a bit more.

yes, i think they can be nervous of hands, especially when you have to pass your hand behind their head to try & stroke them.
May sound silly, but i sometimes lie down & nose bump with them. they will have a quick sniff with me but that's about it :lol:

Dennis comes up to me and just presses his head against my ankle. It's really awkard and funny. I loves him.

Sryup just partial to a periscope to see if anything a occurring behind bunny bar

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

:love: What a beautiful affectionate rabbit Dennis is :love:

I wish my two would get the message they are meant to like me and ask for things then just run away any time I get more closer then 10 ft lol

Sitting with them quietly and letting them see how lovely and unthreatening you are should help.
When I worked in a Rescue Centre we used to sit in the pens and read to the buns :love:

yes, i think they can be nervous of hands, especially when you have to pass your hand behind their head to try & stroke them.
May sound silly, but i sometimes lie down & nose bump with them. they will have a quick sniff with me but that's about it :lol:

B and H seem nervous of every thing but I’m working on getting them to trust me. Cheeky buns ignored me completely and refused to come out of their hutch for the two hours I spent in the hall but the minute I sat down in the living room they came out to play lol

Luna loves having a good old scratch, she'll sit with you for hours contently purring away. she only moves because I stop :lol: she loves the top of her head being petted, as well as a scratch behind her ears. she likes her back petted too, just no booty touching. she often jumps up on the bed to join me, which is always nice. sometimes we sit on the floor together too.

Orion on the other hand just sees humans as a climbing frame :lol: he much prefers to use you to jump elsewhere.... he does like a little pet, but not much.

Sitting with them quietly and letting them see how lovely and unthreatening you are should help.
When I worked in a Rescue Centre we used to sit in the pens and read to the buns :love:

I do this every night for about two hours.
Think I should nest in the hay to get more comftable on the floor lol

Luna loves having a good old scratch, she'll sit with you for hours contently purring away. she only moves because I stop :lol: she loves the top of her head being petted, as well as a scratch behind her ears. she likes her back petted too, just no booty touching. she often jumps up on the bed to join me, which is always nice. sometimes we sit on the floor together too.

Orion on the other hand just sees humans as a climbing frame :lol: he much prefers to use you to jump elsewhere.... he does like a little pet, but not much.

They are so much their own personalities these rabbits.

When I've taken rabbits to rehome I have never seen them before accepting them, so their personalities are a complete surprise to me!

What a sweet cutie pie :love:

What abut Henry?

Henry? Henry isn't a foodie - he's a nethie. Life for him is all about zoomies. You see, before we got Lillian from the rescue centre, she was deliberately starved by whoever had her. Don't get me on this. So we decided that Lillian needed to be comfortable knowing food was not an issue. She still behaves as though she's going to not find food - and I get understand why she feels that way. It's a trust issue and I doubt we'll ever win her over on that. But I/we felt it was important that Lillian chose when she wanted food and that she would have as much available as she needed. To that end, she knows food is there and she doesn't need to compete for it. Lillian knows we will provide the food - we watch her body language for that.
Henry - he just pick out what Lillian leaves (which isn't alot). But he is prone to stuffing his whole head in a bag of cranberries when it's bedtime and we need ti get them to their night time retreat. We call them 'crinkles' cause the bag rustles and Henry just 'dives in'. We're working on using a push bell for them to use when they want food. Haven't got that sorted yet.

Henry? Henry isn't a foodie - he's a nethie. Life for him is all about zoomies. You see, before we got Lillian from the rescue centre, she was deliberately starved by whoever had her. Don't get me on this. So we decided that Lillian needed to be comfortable knowing food was not an issue. She still behaves as though she's going to not find food - and I get understand why she feels that way. It's a trust issue and I doubt we'll ever win her over on that. But I/we felt it was important that Lillian chose when she wanted food and that she would have as much available as she needed. To that end, she knows food is there and she doesn't need to compete for it. Lillian knows we will provide the food - we watch her body language for that.
Henry - he just pick out what Lillian leaves (which isn't alot). But he is prone to stuffing his whole head in a bag of cranberries when it's bedtime and we need ti get them to their night time retreat. We call them 'crinkles' cause the bag rustles and Henry just 'dives in'. We're working on using a push bell for them to use when they want food. Haven't got that sorted yet.

It’s so sad people can do that to any animal :( sounds like your doing a great job with both of them :)

You seem to have understood Lillian very well, and she knows she will always be safe and looked after with you.

You really ought to get that push bell sorted. And a different 'ding' for each of them so you know exactly what to supply.
I think the hoomins are lacking in that department - could do better ;):lol:

Back