• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How will i know

jewels26301

Young Bun
I jumped in at the deep end today, and put my 2 rabbits in a run together...(See my "bonding" thread below)..

They have been in a run together now for about 30mins....no fighting, just a lot of running and jumping, sniffing etc...

How will i know when they are "safe" to be left alone? Can they suddenly start fighting?

And would it be safe to let them have their 1st night together tonight in their new bunny mansion?

Hope someone can help put my mind at rest..

love jewels x

Hiya Jewels, well done for taking the plunge with bonding your bunnies :D

it sounds like all is going to plan, but what we do is to separate the bunnies at night for a week, until they have had an entire week of days together without fights.
The problem is that you cannot supervise overnight, so things can suddenly go wrong unexpectedly, so just for the bunnies to have 30 minutes together and then keep them together full time may be pushing things.
This is a great step in the right direction, but I would give them a little time and space by themselves aswell (ie overnight).
Once they are happily grooming and sharing food bowls (which is the ultimate test that they have properly bonded!!!) then you should be safe to leave them together full time.

Hope this helps, good luck
Adele

I had mine for a few days in the bathrrom which neither had been on. Then I did an hour in the bit of the cat and bunnies room that the two sets of aniamls share. After an hour of that I out her and him into his area (she was new to the household) haven't looked back since. I think you just know if they aren't going to fight. If they are ok for a day I would just go for it. But I would have a long time in any area that was previously one bunnie or the others, sometimes they can be ok in a neutral area but a space that is someone territory might get sparks flying.

Back