• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What does this mean?

P.S. Does anyone know how I can change my user name? I have searched all the FAQ’s but can’t find anything telling me how to do it, so I thought I’d have to re-register, but when I try to do that, it just says ‘you already have an account’ :?
We don't allow members to have more than one account, otherwise it gets confusing, so the forum software is set up to spot and prevent duplicates.

Tamsin is the only one who can authorise name changes but it's usually only for security reasons as otherwise it gets tricky to keep track of who is who.

Thank you. After Max died, one of the first things I did was take Molly for the Myxo vaccination. I’d booked her in for a second vaccination but she didn’t get there far :cry:

We don't allow members to have more than one account, otherwise it gets confusing, so the forum software is set up to spot and prevent duplicates.

Tamsin is the only one who can authorise name changes but it's usually only for security reasons as otherwise it gets tricky to keep track of who is who.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. It had already occurred to me that using my bunnies’ names as my user name probably wasn’t very sensible. We will just have to stay as MaxAndMolly then.

Even the advice threads on this forum have confused me :oops: but your summary is crystal clear, so thank you. I think I will have to print it out and pin it to the kitchen noticeboard until I have memorised it!

No problem, glad to have helped:thumb: there’s lots more info in the link to Jane's post :thumb:

Thank you. After Max died, one of the first things I did was take Molly for the Myxo vaccination. I’d booked her in for a second vaccination but she didn’t get there far :cry:

You're welcome :)

Max and Molly were splendid and well-loved rabbits and your user name will reflect the joy they always brought into your lives :love:

Just popping back on to this thread to update on our new arrivals :love: Teddy and Taylor arrived three days ago, from a rescue centre. They are settling in very well. They’re bonded, which was important to us because Max and Molly were besotted with each other, which was one of the many things we loved about them.

It’s funny how much one rabbit can differ from another. Max and Molly were pretty uninterested in hay. Teddy and Taylor devour it by the bucket load! Max and Molly were happy to be picked up, but then immediately wanted to be put down again. Teddy and Taylor are very, very resistant to be picked up, but once they are, snuggle in for a cuddle for ages. Max and Molly had their favourite spots in the hutch and run, but Teddy and Taylor sit wherever they like.

I know it sounds as though I’m constantly comparing our new bunnies with our much-loved departed bunnies, but we are really enjoying their differences, and actually don’t want them to be like M & M. They already have their own place in our hearts.

I love the fact that every bunny has a different personality!

Thank you all again so much for your support and kind words xx

Just popping back on to this thread to update on our new arrivals :love: Teddy and Taylor arrived three days ago, from a rescue centre. They are settling in very well. They’re bonded, which was important to us because Max and Molly were besotted with each other, which was one of the many things we loved about them.

It’s funny how much one rabbit can differ from another. Max and Molly were pretty uninterested in hay. Teddy and Taylor devour it by the bucket load! Max and Molly were happy to be picked up, but then immediately wanted to be put down again. Teddy and Taylor are very, very resistant to be picked up, but once they are, snuggle in for a cuddle for ages. Max and Molly had their favourite spots in the hutch and run, but Teddy and Taylor sit wherever they like.

I know it sounds as though I’m constantly comparing our new bunnies with our much-loved departed bunnies, but we are really enjoying their differences, and actually don’t want them to be like M & M. They already have their own place in our hearts.

I love the fact that every bunny has a different personality!

Thank you all again so much for your support and kind words xx

This is absolutely wonderful :love:

I'm so pleased they've come into your life and it sounds like they've settled right in :)

Now with photos

It’s taken a while to figure out how to post pictures in here. Here are Teddy (brown and white) and Taylor (grey and white):

C7_E61_D6_E_29_B6_4200_B16_B_D5559165_E4_E9.jpg

39280073_961_B_409_D_968_D_D739_AE62_F920.jpg

Aren’t they lovely :love:

Last edited:
They’re super settled already. Very happy being handled. Have been lovely on the sofa with the kids this evening. Very chilled - to the point of practically meltingly relaxed after a bit! And outside they’ve started to develop favourite spots, and explore the garden ‘free range’ - but under very close supervision still!!

Back